"A little leaven ferments the whole batch of dough". A way to make witnesses think!?

by stuckinarut2 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How can we briefly make a calm, dignified point to witnesses we care about such as family or friends? How can we make them think?

Here are a couple of well known scriptures: (from the revised new world translation. Silver edition)

Galations 5:9 "A little leaven ferments the whole batch of dough"

Luke 16:10 "The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much, and the person unrighteous in what is least is unrighteous also in what is much"

So surely if these scriptures are to be used as a basis for reasoning, then the Society / GB / Organisation has much to answer for?

If talking with a still-in witness, think of the best suited topic that affects or touches their heart and then say "so if the society has failed in this one matter, they fail in all matters?"

Think of hot topics such as the mishandling of child abuse, the failure to remain neutral in political matters with the UN / Mexico etc, or the rewriting of history. Or any number of topics that we know will make an impact on them.

If they try and duck and weave, or explain things, simply ask them "if a faithful witness was secretly committing sins, would it be ok if he was also a regular pioneer, or would his very standing be called into question?"

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

I wish there was some kind of magic phrase/line of reasoning that universally disables the trance of all Witnesses when presented with that statement. "Shallow Hal wants a gal...". Boom. You've been exposed, WT, you fat f*cks:

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yep, I can vividly remember using an illustration that I and many other elders used in our "encouraging" talks to the congregation. The illustration was;

"If you knew that your water supply had just one little drop of poison in it, would you drink it?"

Maybe jehober protects "his people" from poison! NOT

just saying!

• Perry
    Perry

Good Points!

I would like to offer my advice on HOW TO WITNESS TO FAMILY MEMBERS.

I have tested this many times with VERY positive results.

1. First, you must make the loved one admit that they are NOT PART of the New Covenant. Note: This may require reminding them that they do not partake of the emblems at the Memorial service.

2. Then, you must establish what the New Covenant is for. Matt. 26: 27 & 28 makes CLEAR that the New Covenant is FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS (not only govt. positions like the WT says).

3. Then go over to Hebrews 9:27 where it reads that we will all be judged AFTER we die.

4. Then, challenge your family member to find EVEN ONE New Testament scripture that shows how a person can get their sins forgiven while OUTSIDE of the New Covenant.

5. Tell them that when they find that scripture, you'd be happy to go with them to the Kingdom Hall. You can remind them of this condition again & again over time.

6. Be prepared to remind them that regardless of the time period a believer finds himself in, (pre trib, during, or post tribulation) , after the sacrifice at Calvary ALL get their sins forgiven the EXACT SAME WAY - through the blood covenant of Christ.

This is clear at Rev. 7: 14 which says of the great crowd: "they have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb". NOTE: Destination, ie. heaven or earth has nothing whatsoever to do with Justification (getting your sins forgiven).

Is. 64: 6 reminds us that not only are our sins unacceptable, but even our so-called righteous acts are unclean before God if not covered by the blood. - "all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags". - KJV

7. Let your family member know that you are fearful of being condemned by God and so you are seeking protection through the blood of the lamb, similar to what the Israelites did on the first Passover in Egypt when they applied the blood of a lamb to the post and header of their doors to avoid being condemned.

Jesus once said that even if a person just looked at another with lust, they were guilty of fornication. Ask them if they ever did something like that. Ask them if they are concerned about their own judgment in light of Jesus' words.

Tell them again and again until they get it that the reason we all need a PERSONAL SAVIOR is because Hebrews 9: 27 states clearly that their will be a PERSONAL JUDGMENT.

Keep repeating your challenge over time about wanting to know how to get your sins forgiven while outside of the New Covenant. Remind them that they are the one that cannot answer this question, not you. Remind them that personal judgment is coming for all of us.

Confirming the fact that the rank and file JW does not have their sins forgiven, incredibly the WT printed this in 1938 WT pg. 104, 105: "

the "other sheep" are in a different condition .... not even justified".

Tell them that you want to be justified, made right with God.

Remind them that even the WT acknowledges that Jesus is the Mediator for ONLY those who are part of the New Covenant. He is not a Mediator for those outside of this arrangement - the rank and file JW. 4/1/79 WT p.31

I hope this helps someone!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

thank you, perry, for this comprehensive, easy to remember type list. These type things are helpful when the timing is right.

I particularly like the statement that the biblical covenant of the forgiveness of sins have zero to do with where a person thinks they, their soul, their memory, or whatever, will go when they die.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

it was the verse a loving elder sent me in the face when I told him, 10 years ago, I was in love with a non witness woman (10 years of real happiness). He told that, because of people like me remaining in the congregation, the holy spirit couldn't be efficient among each christian.

I hope they get more holy spirit now that I left!!

• Giordano
    Giordano

The core for a believing JW is found in their assurance that they have the 'truth'. That the GB has their best interests at heart. That the people in their congregation are so nice and clean and loving which reassures them that they are in the right place at the right time. That they have a personal relationship with Jehovah. Or it could just be that as a born-in it's all they have ever known. It's all good but when it stops being good......... people start to wake up.

In the order of importance based on the personal stories on this forum:

Injustice is the number one reason that allows someone to wake up. Be it discrimination, sexism, ageism, prejudice, crime, being victimized, inequality, verbal, physical and or sexual abuse etc.

When a believer is confronted with injustice be it in the congregation or in one's JW family the blindfold loosens and a more honest reality paves the way for an exit.

OR......simply making an honest study of the WTBTS by looking into an accurate history of it's beliefs, flip flops and serious mistakes. What they use to believe and what they believe now.

Learning that everything is not upright, kind or or even well thought out. That the Society favors it's own interests over and above it's followers. That it has been needlessly reckless with the lives, health, education or lack there of.......... with it's followers.

Any one of these broad issues can be the pathway out.

Based on the stories on this forum........... theology can also be a determining reason for some who remain believers........... hopefully in a not so controlling belief system. Have God can travel.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I'll also chime in what I have said in the past. Untimely, IMO, it is a strong emotional belief, and that will always trump any rational thinking or intelligence. It is only when there is a crack in that emotional belief that the rational thinking and intelligence can begin to shine through.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Perry...

Sorry, dude...

...it was well-thought-out, but I don't think I could say all that stuff without my brain melting.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Nice job Perry but unfortunately that's to much thinking for most JWs today. They have been conditioned to just go along to get along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit