Help Finding Poster's Challenge

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Hey guys,

I've been trying hard to locate a comment that was posted no longer than a few weeks ago (if that) by a poster providing a challenge for Witnesses to find one scripture that states that we are still saved/have hope if we are outside of this "New Covenant" that WT claims is for the 144,000 only. The thread was to do with ways we can wake up a loved one and this particular poster (I can't remember who) gave a step-by-step guide to helping Witnesses waking up using their own Bible and doctrine. I'm dying to find this comment, so if anyone remembers and could provide me with the link, that would be much appreciated. All I remember is @Chook saying something like, "unfortunately, current JWs aren't really that cluey about doctrinal matters and usually their only hope of waking up will be if they experience some sort of personal injustice, wrong-doing in the organization," or something in that vain. Many others chimed in with a similar sentiment.

Please help!!

WHAM!

• Chook
    Chook

It's a Lisa Rose article her fourth one I think

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5662256761143296/advice-on-family-waking-up-ttatt

@Chook, are you referring to this thread? I can't find the poster in question's step-by-step challenge. Do you remember the one I'm thinking of???

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If you commented on that thread at the time, go to the page off your account that shows "comments posted" , and see if you can narrow it down.

Hope that helps?

• Simon
    Simon

If it was in a public subject area, you can also try googling it. Add site: and then the domain name as part of the search to limit results to this site, you can also use date-ranges with Google's advanced search tools

• St George of England
    St George of England

Quite a few comments I have posted over the past few weeks do not turn up when I click on "comments posted".

Maybe Simon can suggest why.

George

Just to add, my last post listed is 4 days ago, nothing since!

@stuckinarut2 I didn't comment on that thread - merely lurked and thought how interesting that particular comment was.

@Simon No luck trying that method - but thank you for the suggestion. I'm slowly starting to think I've dreamed up that particular comment I'm searching for.

@St George of England I concur. I've done a search through @Chook's comments to see if I could locate his response to the original comment I'm searching for. Nothing. Tried looking up a few other noteworthy poster's comment history (@Smiddy, @Steve2, etc). It's like this particular thread vanished into thin air.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Illuminati confirmed.

@GrreatTeacher Lmao.

Paging @jp1692... He's got the sharpest memory on this forum. Please help? The poster's comment was formatted in step-by-step numbers. He was saying "first get them to read this scripture. Then flip over to this scripture," et cetera.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I tried using the phrases you had in your comment, but the problem is, 15 year old posts popped up. Since you cannot sort from newest, you have to wade thru lots of old posts. Even your post showed up on the second search page using your key words.

If you have time to sort of waste, you can start from the beginning and work your way back in each topic. If you have some idea of when you read it, like 20 days ago, you can just keep hitting the NEXT button until you get to that time frame.

It would be easier for you than me, tho I gave it a try. Just nothing to jiggle my memory since I didn't read that post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit