Watchtower hires off-duty law enforcement

by Diogenesister 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

An indignant law enforcement officer wrote Kim & Mikey to let them know Watchtower had placed an advertisement on a Facebook page dedicated to law enforcement staff only, looking to hire a fully uniformed and armed officer at $35 per hour. The commission was for the memorial in a specified Texan venue.

The officer was particularly miffed at the hypocrisy considering the terrible way law enforcement was portrayed in the 2018 convention video, where the JWs had been herded into a field to be slaughtered by a large group of officers. Not to mention the fact they are only too willing to call police for their own protection, yet won’t do so when it comes to protecting children from potential or actual abuse.

https://youtu.be/-RpCsZTnvYo

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

The WT also pays monthly, a retainer to "worldly" lawyers purely for child abuse cases. A lot of ice cream money goes into their pockets.

I wonder if the police would take their time to answer a call to the WT?

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Hiring a uniformed officer via facebook? Is that common place in the states?

You can hire police here in the uk, but the process is way way more burocratic then a facebook ad.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I'm not buying that one!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I am a Texas police officer. It is very common for churches to hire off-duty officers to direct traffic for their services. $45 to $75 dollars an hour is the average rate in my area, but I live in one of the richest counties in the state.

I do agree that this is highly hypocritical. I was a born in Witness. At the age of 19 I knew I wanted to be a police officer, but I also knew the Watchtower stance on being armed. It's why I ended up spending 6 years working as a county correctional officer rather than going right into a sworn position.

• blondie
    blondie

The conventions were held in my city and the venue hired off-duty county sheriffs (usually only 1 each shift) to act as security for their building when the WTS or other group rented their facility. jws directed parking with the convention staff permission.

I would think it would be an individual congregation hiring and advertising not the WTS and the congregation would pay out of their own pocket.

The WTS has long used Caesar's laws and services to their advantage.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Truth_be_knownIt is very common for churches to hire off-duty officers to direct traffic for their services. $45 to $75 dollars an hour is the average rate in my area, but I live in one of the richest counties in the state

Well that's just typical Watchtower penny pinching!

Yes they did also specify they wished the officer/s to carry out traffic control dutys too.

I'm so glad you got to fulfill your dream, I find it so hypocritical they are willing to hire armed officers ( Kim showed the ad and it specified armed) yet won't allow witness kids to become sworn officers.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I would think it would be an individual congregation hiring and advertising not the WTS and the congregation would pay out of their own pocket.

Yes Blondie I stand corrected. Of course I should have made that clear, since its not happening at all conventions/memorials it must be individual congs. Of course that way, as you say, they have to pay out of their own funds. After the church shootings and the fires at KH's, it's sad that churches in general feel so unsafe as to hire security.

I guess they don't trust Jehovah to step in after all, like Jesus does in their video.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

It's hypocritical to criticize the government and call them tools of Satan or whatever phrase they use and then hire a cop to protect you at the memorial from the dangerous apostates.That's clearly what that's about. Thieves don't typically rob Kingdom Halls, and arsonists don't usually burn them down.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    It is very common for churches to hire off-duty officers to direct traffic for their services. $45 to $75 dollars an hour is the average rate in my area, but I live in one of the richest counties in the state.

Why? Can't Gawd just wake up a few of the forever-resting-angels, and ask them to go and protect their churches?

It's not like they are too busy feeding children in Africa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit