Don't forget to report! (Worship Book ch 4)

by ozziepost 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

At the last District Convention, the book "Worship the Only True God" was released intended to be used along with the "Knowledge" book on home Bible studies. Both books are to be studied before baptism. So, what are the 'new recruits' learning?

This is the fourth in a series of posts selecting a "highlight" from each chapter: In chapter 4, after discussing the role of the Messiah and forgiveness, the statement is made towards the end of the chapter:

"Discerning how marvelously Jehovah has used Jesus in accomplishing His will and how vital it is that all of us follow Jesus' steps closely, we will make the Christian ministry one of the most important activities in our life. Our faith will be evident from the conviction with which we tell others about this magnificent gift from God." [Emphasis added]

What does this tell the new recruit? That they must engage in the JWs witnessing activities if they are to be 'saved', or live on the paradise earth. Intentionally, this comes at the end of a chapter that discusses the great love that the Father has for humankind so that the reader feels obliged to comply with the directions being given. But is it what the Bible says?

Many are the texts which show that everlasting life is a free gift from God; it cannot be 'earned', just as a gift cannot be earned.

Of course, the WTS is trapped in a theology of salvation by works instead of grace (loving-kindness?) but for the new recruit they have laid the groundrules in this book.

For a dub, he/she is only as 'good' as their last report!

Cheers, Ozzie

• JH
    JH

Thanks Ozziepost for the info.

For a dub, he/she is only as 'good' as their last report!

Lets hope Armageddon happens when one makes many hours that month...

• Funchback
    Funchback

Good food for thought, ozzie.

A person who is a wife-beater, or a child molester, or an insurance scammer, or an adulterer, or a drunkard, or a racist, or a gossiper is viewed more favorably than, say, Ghandi, or a volunteer firefighter, or a cardiac doctor, or a school teacher, all because they knock on doors trying to place magazines with people.

• Mystery
    Mystery

The more "time" they can tie up, the less time for "worldly activities".

Preach, preach, preach, preach, preach!!!

No lose minutes in their lives to study anything BUT THEIR "TRUTH"!

• acsot
    acsot
    A person who is a wife-beater, or a child molester, or an insurance scammer, or an adulterer, or a drunkard, or a racist, or a gossiper is viewed more favorably than, say, Ghandi, or a volunteer firefighter, or a cardiac doctor, or a school teacher, all because they knock on doors trying to place magazines with people.

Funchback: I remember thinking this same thing on many an occasion, and it was like banging my head against a brick wall trying to understand why God would save Brother XXX when he was such a creepy lying jerk and not me or others like me just because he put in more "service" hours than we did.

Now I bang my head against a wall wondering why it took me so long to figure out that the beliefs are crap, not my feelings.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

"Dont forget to report"

And doesnt it cause you to ponder, brothers, Jehovahs Merciful Provisions in that each one of the congregations world wide has a Field Service Overseer who is there to remind you in case you did forget to report ? Truly, our Heavenly Father watches out for our best interests brothers like a mother hen protecting its chicks. Can you imagine if Armaggedon was to come, and Jehovah was to think we had done no field service last month and He has to destroy us simply because we had forgotten to put our report in ? Never would we wish that to happen brothers.

• stichione
    stichione

In that case I will be destroyed at Har-Magheddon, since I haven't filed a report in over two years!

• minimus
    minimus

OZ, I like the simplicity of your series. When you think of it, there's so many comments that they just slip in like it's gospel. The WBTS is sooo good at mesmerising their readers! Without realizing it, you just accept the simplest of comments as "the truth".

• rocketman
    rocketman

I just passed the 6-month mark of inactivity. I guess I'm dead meat.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You're too kind, Mini!

Let's go get 'em, eh!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit