Back to the Meetings. It's Offical!

by pistolpete 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

How can the org sell off all the halls if people come back? I'm not a good prognosticator, but I'm willing to venture that the the Watchtower will stay as an on-line religion... for the valid reason of preventing antiJehovah forces from finding them during the tribulation.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Seems like there is different input from GB

Just received a copy of announcement (12-03-22) from Atlantis and friends saying just that. The announcement on jw.org Newsroom has disappeared however. Probably a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Or even the left hand for that matter.

George

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Pretty much everything is back to normal here in Australia- capacity crowds at events, churches open, no density limits and masks no longer mandatory. There are some local covid rules in certain areas and situations but overall its almost business as usual.

There are no health directives stopping meetings from resuming, so why haven't they started yet?

I can understand preaching not starting for a while because quite a few people in the community won't be happy with unannounced strangers invading their space while there is a risk of infection, in fact, It could be a long time before door to door preaching starts again.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I sense panic. Not the carefully crafted actions like usual. Despite not monitoring this or other sites the tea leaves showed too much complacency and laxity. And probably a decline in donations. Can unused property be claimed as a charity? Get back in control and ramp up the coercion.

Anyone on JWTalk? I looked at reddit but am not a member nor want to be. This place does fine for me.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Maybe some smartass at WTHQ tried to jump the gun on April Fools Day. Vidiot

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I've been talking to a number of active JWs the past couple of days...60% of them expressing the opinion: "Why ruin a good thing...let us stay home & do online Zoom meetings!"

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Our congregation received a detailed letter today to begin off-line meetings at the Kingdom Hall from April 1. A document A-261(?) has been provided giving instructions regarding conducting hybrid meetings. A thorough cleaning will be taking place tomorrow and each region has been assigned a branch rep will oversee the transition.

Only those congregations will continue using zoom whose kingdom halls are under renovation, or who used to rent places for holding meetings and have left the place during the pandemic.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Yes, they've now provided instructions for meetings to start up again in 2 weeks.

All of those Kingdom Halls have been "boarded up" (locked and not in use) for at least 2 years.

How many of them will be suffering from lack of maintenance? Loose wires, leaky plumbing, utterly dripping with mold. And 2 weeks to get them ready.

Well, hey, that's a problem for the peons, the GB themselves just have to wait for "someone else" to clean up their own Kingdom Halls.

And as I've posted here before - the GB is seriously underestimating the amount of resistance that will be encountered at returning to in-person meetings. The first few might be semi-well attended, but after a few months, in-person attendance will drop to 50%, then 25%, maybe even lower - basically, elders and their families.

Then the hectoring begins. Month after month of JW broadcasts, "local needs" parts, shepherding visits, WT articles, etc. on "not forsaking the gathering of yourselves".

"The beatings will continue until morale improves"

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I try to ignore covid news and just do the best I can to mitigate the risks, that being said, I wonder if they're keeping an eye on this:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/15/health/covid-rising-uk-us/index.html

Open up KHs just in time for another wave

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Indeed. The BA2 variant should be peaking right about the time of the Memorial, making the Memorials into "super spreader events".

All the effort of being so cautious for so many years is to be undone in a couple of weeks, all to fluff the ego of the GBers who now insist that things instantaneously go back to "normal", as if the pandemic never happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit