No 2019 Conventions in Ireland ?

by Phizzy 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I may have got this wrong, but using the dreaded JW website, they seem to be directing the Irish J.W's to go to Birmingham in England this Weekend.

Is this correct ? they always used to hold two Conventions in Ireland, are there none in 2019 ??

Probably the Irish ones actually, truly, made a loss, but think of all the travelling, including a Flight or Sea ferry Crossing if I am correct. Poor Irish J.W's, having that trek to be bored for days !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This a is typical WBT$ 'couldn't care less' attitude. Very 'corporate' of them.

Not so long ago, in my city, there was a 'convention' (or whatever the buzz word is for it these days), in this very city.

Hilariously, the local Jobos were not allowed to attend, they had to go to Milton Keynes (60 miles away), or somewhere equally scintillating. Goodness knows where the Jobos had come from to the boasting session here!!

The WBT$ doesn't care. They just want their money.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Don't be so snarky.

It's a loving provision to travel there ... or something like that.

Rub a Dub

• dozy
    dozy

Birmingham is a delightful city so I am sure the Irish witnesses will be overjoyed at the privilege of being delegates and the "Instagram Perfect" crossing over the tropical Irish sea to the scenic port of Holyhead will allow many opportunities for pints of Guinness to be sampled while admiring the wonderful views. Truly a sign of Jehovah's wonderful & loving organisation - all praise to the Governing Body and the faithful and discreet slave. :-)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Part of the tricks the WTS use on its members is the propagation that the organization is growing, if people go to assemblies and see less and less people attending , that concept vanishes and doubts start to develop. 🤔

• blondie
    blondie

I remember one year our congregation was assigned to a convention in Winnipeg Canada, 728 miles one way.

Many jws in this area could not afford that but somehow scrimped and saved to go. But they did not have to fly over water from one country to another.

Perhaps the Irish jws were not obedient enough to the WTS in other areas and are being punished :)

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

birmingham UK always had a large Irish community. i was born and grew up there. 1948-1968. at one stage there was a greek cypriot bruv who was the congregation servant of Hockley congregation. he went to serve where the need was great ( lol )--in Ireland. he wasnt well received--and was badly beaten up apparently.

• hoser
    hoser

I might have been at that Winnipeg convention Blondie. There were way more people there than there should have been. A total shit show.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

I was at a convention in Winnipeg back in 1973. I think it was an International Convention.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I remember the 73 Winnipeg convention Blondie and no apologies! We barely made it in the old crappy car we caravanned with friends who also had a crappy car. They broke down a couple times. It was along trip.. We camped and ate lots of peanut butter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit