July's watchtower leaves out some important info from a quote!

by stavro 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stavro
    stavro

It was Jerome who did the leg work not me, but thanks anyway.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Yeah I saw this on xjwreddit and nearly re posted on here. Actually the whole article is one big coffee choking exercise as it centers on propaganda and ways to spot it!!

In fact the whole article is such a supreme exercise in cynicism whoever wrote it *has* to realize the Watchtower is a sham and a cult.

I personally hold those in the writing dept., who are allowed full access to "outside" scientific and research based articles, to account for the huge con they are pulling on the R&F.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Why does the WTS do this over and over and over again? Why do they think that their selective quoting of non attributed sources are not going to be exposed?

Great catch!

• darkspilver
  • NikL
    NikL

Why does the WTS do this over and over and over again? Why do they think that their selective quoting of non attributed sources are not going to be exposed?

I am thinking they don't give a rats ass.

Maybe they even court discovery. Flipping the proverbial bird at the masses.

The rank and file are largely uneducated. they do whatever is is ordered from "headquarters" (as per last nights book study).

The big dogs up top are riding this to the end and if it tanks, then they have arranged a golden parachute for themselves.

That's what I think anyway

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

I want the quote,the whole quote and nothing but the quote! lol

Thank you Stavro (and darkspliver for the original quote)! Love this new, fresh example of WT's continuing intellectual dishonesty by misquoting authorities. It's useful for my sporadic contacts with active JW's. It also shows that WT still considers "their" sheep to be simpletons. WT underestimates the power of GoogleALMIGHTY, the digital angel of light!

• pixel
    pixel

The thing is that the quote fix them even edited. "discouraged from thinking critically", anyone?

• Tallon
    Tallon
    ... I personally hold those in the writing dept., who are allowed full access to "outside" scientific and research based articles, to account for the huge con they are pulling on the R&F. - Diogenesister

Therein lies the crux of the matter. You summed it up well!

• steve2
    steve2

Two bedfellows have the lion's share of the bed in JW organization's propaganda:

Arrogance and audacity.

• longgone
    longgone

I agree with Outlaw. They discredit any information outside their own. As we know one very effective characteristic of mind control is the *keep them busy* tactic. Witnesses are bombarded with literature, videos, field service, maintaining the KingDoom Halls, etc. Skimming through it all is only what many have time for, and that's the ploy. The GB and Writing Department are responsible for this, they absolutely have to know exactly what they are doing. 😣

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit