New blood card

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""I am not an expert in U.K law, but I don't think this card will be recognised in law as a Power of Attorney, it may, probably does, in the USA.

Do the very parochial and closeted GB realise this ? ""

I'm no expert at all at this either but,,,usually what the Borg does,,it bites itself in the behind. Let the doubters on the Borg ponder ''is this God's organization?''

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

The AMD (Advanced Medical Directive) is a ticking time bomb for WTC. Since they print it and provide direction for compliant use, they take on liability for future litigation from disgruntled family members who will charge that WTC coerced their loved one to refuse life-saving medical treatment.

That is why DF'd and inactive ones are not given the card - they can only craft their own using the same wording. WTC knows that DF'd persons are more likely to sue when things go wrong. This tells me that they are well aware that the AMD could bite them hard in the future. I am surprised that they still print and distribute it given the risk.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Regarding U.K. Law, I took this from the Gov.UK website.

When you’ve made your lasting power of attorney (LPA), you need to register it with the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG).

It takes up to 20 weeks to register an LPA if there are no mistakes in the application.”

NB. There is a fee to pay.

This certainly adds more doubt as to its Legal Status over here. However, the medical profession normally respect an adult’s signed statement of their wishes.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Further to Blues comments, it's worth noting how the NHS are very pithy when it comes to LPA.

"Generally, professionals will make decisions about your health and social care, and your family or carers will decide on day-to-day matters.

If you wish, you can officially appoint someone you trust to make decisions for you. This is called making a lasting power of attorney (LPA).

Yep, when it comes to life and death decisions for your loved ones, remove the professional and replace with the window cleaner.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/end-of-life-care/lasting-power-of-attorney/#:~:text=If you wish, you can,a health and welfare LPA.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah. Put the janitors in place in life or death situations

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    stan livedeath: Are there any check ups carried out ?

I must have had one for 20 years or so. I never recall being asked about it, or asked to show it.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

The best DPOA for Health Care forms are those produced by your local medical board (in the US, State medical boards). The doctors will respect these forms because they are familiar with them. You could draft a much better one, but in an emergency, anything but the forms the providers are familiar with will need to be cleared by hospital legal staff before the health care instructions are followed.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yeah. Put the janitors in place in life or death situations”

I am sure theJW answer to that would be that this is a spiritual decision, not based on medicine. Janitor or not, they say, he is qualified to be my proxy because of his standing with God.

That is the point really. It doesn’t matter about the medical science. The reason they object is based on what they believe to be God’s law which transcends all else.That is the view, misguided or not.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Are they actually going to insist on seeing one's blood card now?

• New day
    New day

Guys, can you stop the references to janitors, as if they were some lower life form? There is nothing wrong with being a janitor. I was one in a previous life. I now work in education but I despair at the cheap shots at people who do this type of work. I get the fact that the inference is that people who work as janitors are apparently not in a position to decide on medical matters for others but the constant jibes at this form of work just make you seem somehow prejudiced and narrow minded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit