Dr. Phil -- an idea for his show -- need your help!

by cruzanheart 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yesterday I sent Dr. Phil an e-mail (which I'm SURE he will review PERSONALLY) suggesting a topic for one of his shows: Religions That Kill. I mentioned the two women who killed their children and the fact that they both belonged to very rigid-thinking fundamentalist religions. Then I mentioned my dad's suicide and said it was a direct result of the treatment he received from Jehovah's Witnesses. I also mentioned that Jehovah's Witnesses were currently under siege because of their stupid policies on child abuse.

Well, here's my suggestion: how about as many of you as feel comfortable e-mail Dr. Phil too and suggest that as a topic. That might get his attention and we might get a little more attention directed to the danger of associating with Jehovah's Witnesses. Here's the URL: http://www.drphil.com/email/email_phil_show.jhtml.

Shunned Father, if you haven't contacted him about the situation with your daughter, this might be a good time.

Let's go get 'em!

Nina

• greven
    greven

Gasp!

This would definitely be cool! His show runs in many countries including mine...great coverage!

Focus on the psychological problems associated with these cases and it might work!

Did Oprah never do a topic on this?

Greven

• Dansk
    Dansk

Nina,

BRILLIANT! I'll even send an e-mail from Britain - and get more to do likewise. If we all do similar, Dr. Phil will realise this is a BIG problem.

Well done!

Dansk

• Shakita
    Shakita

Good idea!

I haven't personally been affected by tragedy like you have, but I will support any effort involved to help show the world how the Watchtower religion has crippled and destroyed families. I will email them after I post this.

Dr. Phil might not personally answer your email, but I have sent emails to internet news sites before and they have sent me a prompt reply to it, so you should be getting some feedback from them.

Mrs. Shakita

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I don't know if Oprah has done anything on this or not. She might be the next one for us to approach. I have to admit that I've never watched either Oprah's show (not all the way through anyway) or Dr. Phil.

Nina (of the TV-Deprived Class)

• Mulan
    Mulan

Great idea. I'll do it too. We lost my sister in law because of the blood issue, back in 1977, so that's an angle too.

• Shakita
    Shakita

I have just sent the email.

I know that years ago Oprah did a show with Ray Franz, if memory serves me right. I remember coming in the room and my husband turning the channel and saying that Oprah had apostates on her show so we shouldn't watch it. Brainwashed me said "OK". Duh! I don't know if she has done anything on the recent child abuse issue though.

Mrs. Shakita

• Intuit39
    Intuit39

This is a great idea, you all!

Oprah tends to lean towards positive stories now, though, so we could approach her with a slightly different angle--such as how we have used our experience as a springboard to bigger and better things in life.

I, for one, would be willing to share how I have faced my fears of losing everyone I knew and loved to become a happy, college-educated, career-oriented and productive member of society.

compared to a morbidly obese, goose-stepping, used-and-abused, ministerial servant

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

AWESOME IDEA.

• bebu
    bebu

Just finished sending my request. I hope Dr. Phil will be able to take an angle that reveals the incredible emotional damage the WT inflicts without compromising too much on account of legal issues (whatever they might be). I really hope there will be exposure on daytime TV!

I think shunned father would do well to also pursue this.

CRUZAN! A GREAT IDEA!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit