Consolidations of congregations

by TheWonderofYou 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

http://www.simcoereformer.ca/2016/10/21/jehovahs-witnesses-fold-in-port-dover

Where have the witnesses gone? The remaining 20 witnesses will travel to the neighbour churches now. Watchtower does not like little congregations. The asking price is $349,000. Do you have a need to buy it?

“This move had nothing to do with the property,” Henderson said Friday. “The building was very well maintained. This move happened because a lot of members moved to look after older family members.”
    “We hope the building will be put to good use,” he said.

Do you have pictures of other halls that are now lost for ever?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

They are in the real estate business now. Their decision have never been to favor their people. It's all about them making money.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

In Ohio, there is LOTS of talk about the consolidation of halls. Some congregations have already been merged or dissolved altogether.

• steve2
    steve2

Henderson isn’t sure how proceeds from the sale will be handled. However, Coldwell Banker literature lists the seller as “an international charity.” More specifically, the vendor is described elsewhere as “Trustees for the Port Dover congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

Shouldn't that be "an international blood-sucker masquerading as a charity."

Perhaps the years of stagnation and declining attendances are a better explanation:

Here's a comparison:

1998: 13 active Witnesses, 1 baptism, 30 memorial attendance;

2008: 8 active Witnesses, 0 baptisms, 12 memorial attendance;

2015: 6 active Witnesses, 0 baptisms, 19 memorial attendance.

• darkspilver
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

Six active Witlessnesses, I mean at the WT study, 1 contacting the study, 1 reading and 2 on mics, it doesn't leave many to comment.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Six active Witlessnesses, I mean at the WT study, 1 contacting the study, 1 reading and 2 on mics, it doesn't leave many to comment.

Where did you manage to get the figures from?

(oh, and I suspect that most people don't need a microphone to be heard by five other people )

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

So even though they are not printing 20 million magazines a month its good to see the the jws are still short of money

• steve2
    steve2

Where did you manage to get the figures from?

Annual Yearbooks.

Error on my part: I had assumed this was referring to Norfolk Island not Norfolk County. The figures I provided were for Norfolk Island.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Error on my part: I had assumed this was referring to Norfolk Island not Norfolk County. The figures I provided were for Norfolk Island.

haha - that's cool

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit