Hold The Front Page! JWs Fold in Port Dover

by darkspilver 19 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
  • sparky1
    sparky1

"Henderson isn't sure how proceeds from the sale will be handled."

Henderson may say he is not sure how the proceeds will be handled, but you can bet your ass that these guys know exactly how the proceeds will be handled! Save the theocratic warfare misinformation tactics Elder Henderson and just make the check out to 'Watchtower Bible and Tract Society'.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

There's another hall for sale in Essex SW Ontario that's listed for $225000. It looks like it was used by the Spanish speaking congregation for Mexican migrant workers who come to work on the different vegetable and fruit farms. Would it be that they sent their hard earned money to their needy families rather than to the WT? How ingrateful of them after the WT has taken such good care of their spiritual needs ;-)

• smiddy
    smiddy

" This move had nothing to do with the property "Henderson said Friday."The building was very well maintained.This move happened because a lot of members moved to look after older family members "

Sure as hell got that right

,The Watchtower Society was never ever going to look after their ageing members , their not our problem ,they are not employees of the WTB&TS , they are just volunteers who chose to associate with us on their own convictions .

The Governing Body of Jehovahs Witnesses have no obligation to look after these ones that is their familys obligation not ours.

• zeb
    zeb

" lord how the money rolls in, rolls in oh Lord how the money rolls in." from wartime song.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zILOW5_OwWI

My god how the money rolls in

(ed: sung to the tune of "My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean")

My father makes book on the corner,
    My mother makes illicit gin.
    My sister sells kisses to sailors,
    My God how the money rolls in.

*Chorus*

Rolls in , rolls in,
    My God how the money rolls in, rolls in.
    Rolls in, rolls in, rolls in,

My mother's a bawdy house keeper,
    Every night when the evening grows dim.
    She hangs out a little red lantern,

My sister's a barmaid in Sydney,
    For a shilling she'll strip to the skin.
    She's stripping from morning to midnight,

My brother's a poor missionary,
    He saves fallen women from sin.
    He'll save you a blonde for a guinea,

My Grandad sells cheap prophylactics,
    And punctures the teats with a pin.
    For Grandma gets rich from abortions,

Uncle Joe is a registered plumber,
    His business in holes and in tin.
    He'll plug up your hole for a tanner,

Aunt Mary makes deals with the milkman,
    The mailman and newsboy named Ben.
    For a piece of pie and Aunt Mary,

Uncle Tommy was once in a prison,
    Where he was a joy to the men,
    Now he bends over for business,

Aunt Joan keeps a girl's seminary,
    Teaching young girls to begin.
    She doesn't say where they will finish,

My cousin's a Harley Street surgeon,
    With instruments long, sharp and thin.
    He only does one operation,

I've lost all me cash on the horses,
    I'm sick from the illicit gin.
    I'm falling in love with me sister,
    My God what a mess I am in.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

I recall a time when WT made took much delight in pointing out how churches are closing down and the buildings being converted into commercial properties and that this was a sign of disenchantment with false religion and the money-making greediness of the Clergy{ and impending Armagedonnic Doom ! ............................................................."The wheels of revolution go round and round...round and round .....round and round "

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

haha

the Kingdom Hall they're selling is in Blue Line Road - and one of the KH's they're going to is in the same road, just 8 miles straight due north

https://goo.gl/maps/fTahyhxf8jr

Port Dover also has a population of 6,387

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

nice to have some good news, they must be eating a great deal of food at warwick to need all this money

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Sold! Former KH near Port Dover has new owner

At a 17% DISCOUNT on original list price

Former Kingdom Hall near Port Dover has new owner

Simcoe Reformer, Friday, June 9, 2017

Some properties are so attractive that you buy first and ask questions later.

That’s the position Ron Hart, of Port Dover, is in now that he is the new owner of the former Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses next to the Port Dover Cemetery.

Hart retired to Port Dover from Binbrook two years ago. He’s been around long enough to know that two-acre properties in the countryside with a well-maintained building in an attractive setting aren’t that common.

“It’s gone to a good home and the owner doesn’t know what he’s going to do with it yet,” Hart said last week. “It’s a beautiful piece of property.”

Documents obtained from the Norfolk land registry office in Simcoe say Hart purchased the property from “Trustees for the Port Dover congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses” for $290,000. The transaction was registered April 13.

When the property went on the block last October, the asking price was $349,000.

The property is located on Blue Line Road between Highway 6 and St. John’s Road East. The building was constructed as a school house with a floor area of about 2,500 square feet.

Jehovah’s Witnesses began worshipping at the hall in 1980.

The congregation once boasted 80 members but this dwindled to 20 or so in recent years. A decision was made to sell the property and disperse the remaining members to congregations in Simcoe, Waterford and Hagersville.

As a property with institutional zoning, the former Kingdom Hall has many potential uses. The 26 listed uses include residential, veterinary clinic, cemetery, crematorium, day-care centre, place of worship and private club.

The property has parking for 26 vehicles. For taxation purposes, its assessed value is in the range of $260,000.

http://www.simcoereformer.ca/2017/06/09/former-kingdom-hall-near-port-dover-has-new-owner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit