Just saw The Matrix Reloaded

by Trauma_Hound 26 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

This is going to be a huge summer at the movies. I imagine it will break many records.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    This is going to be a huge summer at the movies. I imagine it will break many records.

I agree. Yizuman

• Jourles
    Jourles

I wasn't specifically talking about the "agents," but rather Neo when he is doing all of his acrobatic fighting. If you look close, his face appeared like The Rock's did in The Mummy Returns. Almost cartoonish. And you can't tell me that when those Smith's got hit with a pipe, that wasn't CGI.

When the one agent jumped from the police car to the first car and smashed it, that was pretty noticeable too. But all in all, the special effects were pretty good. Honestly, I was expecting much more to come out of the film. I guess the "bullet time," pan-around cameras are old news now. We need a new gimmick to shock and awe us.

I still give the best effects to Trinity riding the motorcycle against traffic. Damn. It felt like you were right there hanging on to her. AND it seemed extremely REAL.

I sure hope the twins come back for the last film... They were spooky.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    No it wasn't CGI, they hired 100 *look-a-likes* of agent smiths, my sources come from www.reevesdrive.com and 100 *actors* which they got off from the streets who lined up to be part of the movie.

Hmmm, I just looked at that website and read this in an article:

While it may seem nothing is impossible for the "Matrix" makers, they could not clone Australian actor Hugo Weaving for "The Matrix Reloaded's" most eye-popping fight scene, the Burly Brawl, in which 100 exact replicas of Weaving's Agent Smith take on Keanu Reeves' hero Neo.

But they did the closest thing. Using a new digital process dubbed Universal Capture, visual effects supervisor John Gaeta and his team were able to morph Weaving's facial features as perfectly as has ever been done onto 12 live stuntmen and 87 virtual characters for the physically impossible mega-rumble.

This makes more sense.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    But they did the closest thing. Using a new digital process dubbed Universal Capture, visual effects supervisor John Gaeta and his team were able to morph Weaving's facial features as perfectly as has ever been done onto 12 live stuntmen and 87 virtual characters for the physically impossible mega-rumble.

Hmmm, well, it was from an older article I read a while back they were hiring doubles, guess it got changed in the last minute or something *shrugs!*

Anyway, I have some thoughts in the film and I'm placing a spoiler warning for those that haven't seen the film yet..............

WARNING! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!

Ok when Neo stuck his hand out at the near end of the film and stopped the sentental machines from approaching him and his friends, sending shockwaves into their systems thereby shutting them down, it overloaded his mind and went into a coma.

This leads me to speculate that Neo and all of the people in the "real" world really isn't the real world which would make sense to me since because why make it easy for them to get out of the Matrix w/o some sort of a back up? In other words, fool them into thinking they are all out.

Neo was the only one that felt something wrong and he felt the machines approaching Neo and he was able to put a stop into them, but his mind wasn't prepared for the feedback that overloaded his mind, otherwise if he realized that the "real world" that they were in wasn't real to begin with, he prolly would have been more prepared for it. So if I am right, he will be next time.

So, bottom line is this, why make it too easy for them to get out w/o a back-up world for them to be fooled in and if every single human being got out of the Matrix, they would lose all the power source they needed, so to prevent that from happening, created a second set of a Matrix world for them to live in to keep them busy and still receive all the energy they need.

But, since there's only one world left, I'm sure that when men like Neo finds out about their "fool" program, it's only one more step out into the real world which would definantly worry the machines, which is why they are attacking Zoin in order to prevent that from ever happening.

Remember, the creator of the Matrix said there were other "Zions" before, so this isn't the first time that the machines had to quell the "outbreak" of humans trying to escape.

Yizuman

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Things you didn't know about the Matrix *spoiler warning, don't click until AFTER you've seen the movie*

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7-680364,00.html

Yizuman

• Aztec
    Aztec

*Giggles at all the geeks* :p Oh okay, I am gonna see it soon myself. It better not blow or I'll be pissed! I suppose I could just stare dreamily at Keanu if it does. :) ~Aztec

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    Trauma,

Did it have the Freddy Vs Jason trailer on it?

Ignored One.

No, didn't see a trailer for that.

Hamas: Umm that's what we did, we got out and saw a movie, I haven't been home in about a month and half, between, camping and fishing, and dating, I'd say I get out plenty.

Well I started the game tonight on my XBox, and it follows along with scenes that were in the movie, you just didn't see them, kind of the side story lines, looks ok so far. 61 kung fu moves, bullet time is fun.

• Hamas
    Hamas
    Hamas----getting laid might make you more pleasant.

hahahahahahah !!!! Very good. No, honestly.

• no one
    no one

Thought some of you might enjoy this humorous review of Matrix: Reloaded.

The Matrix Reloaded (Review)

Stacie Hougland

In the trilogy´s second installment, our trio Neo, Trinity and Morpheus continue their battle against the Machines both in and out of the Matrix as mankind has just 72 hours before the Machines destroy the human city of Zion.

Story

Sadly, The Matrix sequel suffers from too much anticipation, too much talk and too much action. Your brain will likely feel sucker-punched by the end of this obtuse shitstorm, the apparent result of writer/directors the Wachowski brothers´ theory that if they throw enough philosophical mumbo jumbo at you something´s gotta stick. In a nutshell, the ruling artificial intelligence (the nebulous "Machines") has discovered there are, gasp, humans running amok in a place called Zion, so 250,000 Sentinels are on their way down to take care of biz once and for all. That renegade Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) is determined to fulfill a prophecy that "The One" will save the world, so he and Neo (Keanu Reeves) and Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) venture in and out of the Matrix to fight the Machines as they uncover Neo´s true purpose on Earth, while the less courageous rest of humanity stays underground to prepare for battle the old-fashioned way. Meantime Neo wants to find out what´s behind his strange premonitory dreams--that we get to see over and over, and over--of Trinity meeting her demise.

Acting

Forget the "real world" melancholy of The Matrix, the shock and awe of its special effects, its lines of cryptic cyber-wisdom that made little sense but were entertainingly apropos. The new and returning faces of Reloaded are barely more than haute-couture wearin´, Zen-spoutin´ caricatures stuck in bad CGI sets with just about as little idea of what they´re doing there as the audience has. Their lines alternate between theological psychobabble: "If you know what I know then I know you know"; statements of the obvious like Neo´s: "I wish I knew what I was supposed to do"; and Morpheus bellowing pompous speeches like Demosthenes on Quaaludes: "Izznn´t thaaat worth dyyying fooorr!" As all 200-plus Agent Smiths, Hugo Weaving has little to do or say other than smirk evilly, although when he´s on-screen the movie regains a little of its predecessor´s life. Neo and Trinity are either busy kicking ass or making out, which is A-OK because it keeps them from reciting what is otherwise trite and silly dialogue. Reeves wisely sticks to his strong, silent Neo, and Moss proves herself yet again to be a terrific action heroine who doesn´t need to say a lot to make her point. Lambert Wilson steals the show as Merovingian, the campily evil Frenchie, and the late Gloria Foster is a lovely breath of fresh air in her all-too-brief appearance as the Oracle--her scene with Neo is one of the film´s most engaging.

Direction

You can practically see the perforation in the film at those scenes that should´ve been left on the editing floor, and those where the writing and directing brothers Larry and Andy Wachowski would´ve been wise to quit while they were ahead. To wit: The first 40 minutes offer up development of new characters you couldn´t care less about, boring interplay between those returning, and an introduction to Zion (hardly a fantastically realized human oasis but rather an endless well of crisscrossing walkways that lead nowhere, unless it´s to the underground Versace factory that pumps out everyone´s stylie leather jackets). Things really get bizarre when Morpheus announces to the populace that, um, humans have only 72 hours to kill the Machines or be killed, which somehow compels his audience to break into a heaving, groping, stomping techno-hippie orgy (1,000 years in the future and we still have drum circles?) as Trinity and Neo are somewhere else getting it on in perfect sync with this impromptu, inexplicable cave rave. The film does offer up some seamlessly slick, albeit ultimately pointless and not that new, special effects: Neo fights off multitudes of Agent Smiths although he could´ve just jetted away like Superman--it´s 90 percent CGI, 8 percent real and, after 10 minutes, 2 percent interesting; a freeway chase has breath-stealing visuals that unfortunately lose some impact after 15 minutes. It´s the speechifying that´ll kill ya, though--by the time you get a clue to Neo´s purpose in a mind-numbing diatribe of Baudrillardian hokum, you´ll want to get out of the theater faster than you can say Attack of the Clones. One suggestion--forget The Matrix Revolutions tease at the end and get out before you´re assaulted by an ear-shattering Rage Against the Machine song that rolls over the credits and reminds you that The Matrix series is really meant for 15-year-old boys into video games.

Bottom Line

Some eye-popping special effects and high stylization aside, The Matrix Reloaded is overwrought, over-philosophized, overindulgent and overlong. It´ll be great on DVD, when you can skip through the nonsense and watch the good parts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit