Just saw The Matrix Reloaded

by Trauma_Hound 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

And it kicked massive ass! Make sure you stay through the credits, there is a preview for The Matrix Revolutions at the end.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I disagree. . .

• shera
    shera

I'm looking very forward to seeing this movie!

I want to see...Terminator 3, Charlies Angels 2, X-men (2),The hulk..there is a few more to add to my list,can't remember em. hehehe

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I have a sinking feeling Matrix 2 is gonna blow chunks.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Yeah it kicked ass......spoilers below --------------------------------------------------------------------->>>

The twins definitely get the thumbs up for costume appearance. "That was a neat trick" - Trinity, when they turn all ghost like and go "underground" after the keymaker. The question is, will they be back for Revolutions??? Me thinks they might be, along with their programmer. I don't think a blown up Caddy will simply kill THESE guys. I wish they had a larger part in the film, but oh well.

What's up with the oracle?? Turns the first film over and really throws you a curve - even Morpheus didn't see that one coming. She was just a part of the program. Go figure.

Backdoors which do not show up on the coded "falling Matrix" displays in the human ships. Immediately reminded me of Monsters, Inc.

Trinity dies!! No worries. Neo does his little heart massage trick and viola! she's back again.

Neo meets the original programmer of the Matrix. Can you believe he isn't The One? More like the Seventh One. Multiple Zions existed before. He just didn't get it right because humans had choices, ERGO, they screwed it up. Remember that word, Ergo. Damn intellectual programmers....

Freeway scene lasted forever it seems. They actually built that stretch of freeway just for the film. Personally, the motorcycle clips get the thumbs up for intense realism. The agent jumping from car to car is done with CGI of course, but it is noticeable.

Agent Smith, ahem, is now not the agent that you once thought he was. More like a rogue type agent. But not an agent. Yeah, something like that. He can duplicate himself into any real Agent. Hell, he can transform Neo or Morpheus for that matter! The earplug delivery gets you thinking, "Who's is that??" But once again, Smith's lines bring in the chuckles. "Me Me Me." "Me too."

The Neo vs. multiple Agent Smith's was a wee bit heavy on the CGI. I was hoping to see in this film virtually no CGI, but in this sequence, even a 5 year old can point it out. They should have stuck with the wirework.

Zion is an ugly hole in the ground. I guess it is what you would expect for living underground for a hundred years or so.

Neo has his powers outside of the Matrix. He "can feel" the Squiddies now.....and stop them with his palm raised up in a stop motion. But it zaps his strength putting him in a coma-like state. Or was that from the trailer for Revolutions??

Stay through to the end of the credits and you will get a short glimpse of Revolutions. They don't show much, but it looks like the battle is gearing up between the humans and the machines. (now that sounds familiar. T3 maybe???)

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

BTW I will be getting the XBOX game delivered today or tommorow, with the free DVD Extra's with it, behind the scenes, revolutions clips. ;)

I'm going to go see it at IMAX in two weeks.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Trauma,

Did it have the Freddy Vs Jason trailer on it?

Ignored One.

• Hamas
    Hamas

You need to get out more

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hamas----getting laid might make you more pleasant.

As for the film, besides a couple of flaws, I really liked it. Very cool.

Does anyone who saw it think that perhaps Zion, the machines, everything in that context is perhaps a Matrix inside of a Matrix? How would Neo have powers there otherwise?

I liked everything about the film. One or two parts dragged on for a few minutes more than I would've liked, but I think that everyone was cool.

Don't expect Shakespeare if you're going to see the movie. It's just good fun, and yes, I think a great extension of the storyline.

The Neo vs. multiple Agent Smith's was a wee bit heavy on the CGI. I was hoping to see in this film virtually no CGI, but in this sequence, even a 5 year old can point it out. They should have stuck with the wirework.

Agreed, but the CGI was clean, and they still relied on some practical effects and some good bluescreen. I thought the effects were fantastic.

ash

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

No it wasn't CGI, they hired 100 *look-a-likes* of agent smiths, my sources come from www.reevesdrive.com and 100 *actors* which they got off from the streets who lined up to be part of the movie. They each were paid for an undisclosed amount of money, they had to sign a non-disclosure agreement not to reveal how much they got paid for. Anyway, they all got haircuts, hair dyed and made up with make up and given suits. Any scenes of 2 or more agents in one screen was done with multiple films overlapping each other.

Anyway, I just got back from watching the film. It is super cool and I can't wait to see the 3rd film coming in November.

Yizuman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit