Organizational Accomplishments - Building a Solid Digital Foundation

by wifibandit 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hecce
    Hecce

Why did the SOCIETY sell WBBR? Their answer was when the station began to operate in 1924, there was only one congregation of about 200 Bible Students covering all five boroughs of New York City. That included Long Island and even parts of New Jersey. By 1957, however, there were 62 congregations with over 7,500 JWs within New York City.

Further, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., publishers of the history book, JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES PROCLAIMERS OF GOD’S KINGDOM, stated that the personal contact made possible by house-to-house calls was far more effective. It afforded better opportunity to answer the questions of individual householders and to search out “deserving ones.” Additionally, the station and programs were said to tie-up manpower and money that could be used in other ways.

Another Side to the Story

However, there was another side to the story. By 1957, there were scores of religions that were broadcasting their message by means of radio. The constant attacks on other religions and their clergy by Jehovah’s Witnesses on WBBR were so offensive that other religions spent hours of radio time refuting the Witnesses attacks. It was this that made WBBR a losing venture both in time, money and converts.

Starting around 1997, Jehovah’s Witnesses’ leaders began to adopt the Internet as a method of mass communication hoping to capitalize on a medium that was attracting billions of people around the world.

A few years into the 21st century (approximately 50-years after selling WBBR), Jehovah’s Witnesses’ current leaders were rethinking face-to-face, door-to-door evangelizing. It was a time when few people were at home to talk about religion or refused to answer the door if they were at home – and when comedians continued to make fun of Jehovah’s Witnesses disturbing people on Saturday mornings.

Their solution to try to gain converts once again was to go back into broadcasting by spending millions of dollars on a state-of-the-art broadcasting facility in Warrick, NY. There they would make videos and broadcast governing body talks and meetings using new technologies. However, as hopeful as Jehovah’s Witnesses are about converting the world to their religion using a medium they condemned as being “from the Devil” in the 1990s, new converts are becoming fewer and fewer.

The simple fact is that the newer broadcasting mediums used by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses are not being accessed by many non-Witnesses. It is mostly Jehovah’s Witnesses who are using their mobile devices (such as smartphones and tablets) to access and download study materials designed for use at their meetings. Consequently, the Governing Body will have to try to find new ways to catch and convince unwary people to believe their fanciful message that has no basis in truth.

http://watchtowerdocuments.org/history-of-wbbr/

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Yeah, you're right, the guy with the girly-man voice actually says "...with Jehovah's erection" strange use of the word.

Well after listening several times with volume up I believe you are correct..he did say erection. But in all fairness he probably had erections on his mind.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Look at all those untrained and uneducated people doing all this work for WT! lol

• jp1692
    jp1692

ToesUp, you forgot to mention that THEY ALL WORK FOR FREE!

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

How wonderful! Taking credit for tech and programs made by 'wordly' people.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I think the GB invented the Internets.

:)

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The wt organization is a worldwide leader in using technology. A prime example the (silent) cart work. If people just watch the 2 witnesses standing silently by the silent cart, they will surely be impressed by the technology of the wt organization!

just saying!

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Haha! This video reminds me of a "behind the scenes" Bethel tour I was part of several years ago. The guide walked us through some offices and conferences rooms ("ooohhhh....ahhhhhh!!! So exciting!!") not on the typical tour path. The guide was especially proud of the spider phone in one of the conference rooms.

The guide acted like it was some super-duper secret advanced technology they'd obtained from NASA or the NSA. Apparently not too many Bethelites have spent time in real world offices in the last, oh let's say, 15 years.

Every single piece of technology shown in that video has been common place for years, if not over a decade, in most companies in the real world.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I don't think the brother said erection. The 'd' was very soft, combined with his slight accent, 'eye-rection'.

I noticed that within the first minute or two of the video they mentioned how they are trying to wisely use "precious, donated funds".

And at the end of video, they showed a selection of JWs at various locations on a computer, made of groups of two, in little offices (at Bethel or home, or at KH?) - two sisters, or two brothers, and all nodding their heads with big smiles at their computer screens.
    So happy with their wonderful inter-web and networking with other branches! Oh my goodness, such joy joy joy.
    Building a solid DIGITAL foundation...? Are they really serious??

Is this something that businesses now aspire to?? (I really could be hopelessly out of touch... eep!)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Will there be any full time bethelites left in a few years? All part time, temporary and day-workers, apart from the GB and a small administrative staff. Seems to be hinting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit