I spoke to 2 Jobos on a cart but I refused to discuss religion

by punkofnice 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Spol - I hope they wake up.

GT - Some great other Polish music. T.Love are a great band fronted by Muniek

Fukitol - Freddo - It's probably something different wherever you go. I must ask them what it is in Poland.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done Punk Sir !

I think that rather than "unwitnessing", being friendly, and showing you are a nice bloke, has a great subliminal effect on such people.

When though I am told I "believe" in Evolution, I always assure such people I do not "believe" in the sense of trusting that something is true , without Proof.

I know that Evolution is true because of the mountain of evidence.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think you made a good decision to not talk about religion - seriously, who in their right minds wants to have a nice little chit-chat about how wonderful religion is?

Talking about home towns, the Polish language and Polish rock bands seems to be a much better use of one's time.

P.S. - I'm 5 or 6 on Dawkins' scale.

• Onager
    Onager

fukitol 18 hours ago

Its Johos not Jobos.

freddo 16 hours ago

In the UK "Jobos" is used.

Oh GREAT! Another Schism!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phuzzy - It has been assumed many times that because I have no belief in god (on a Dawkins scale of 7), I must therefore, 'believe' in evolution. At this point in time, the origin of life won't make my life any different. The WBT$ destroyed my life but I'm determined to get a life back, somehow. Those cult leaders won't win....and won't get my money.

LUHE - I believe that friendly chat will relax people into being more accepting when a subject is agrued in a friendly way.....ie, god is a twit!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

onager - Fret not - here is why..........................

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

On Friday I was in town and saw two young girls ( 25-30) on a cart. I said very politely " Do you realize you are in a cult". One politely asked why I said that, I very politely mentioned the royal commission, blah blah blah. She said " If I am wrong I will research it " I returned a little later, because having thought on our communication, I didn't want her to research and be without a contact. " can I give you my wife's number, so if you research and need talk with someone you have a contact" She thanked me put my wife's number on her phone....

That's the beauty of the cart, it catches many witnesses out of the witness mode, open to discussion and not on mind control alert as when they witness door to door.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Reb - Good call. I asked them what they talk about because it must be boring. I don't recall what they said but I'm sure it involved food.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I wonder what the ratio of positive-to-negative (as the WT would define them) cart-related encounters is.

• steve2
    steve2

At the current rate, JWs doing trolley "work" have a far greater likelihood of talking to ex-JWs than anyone else.

Who else - apart from fellow JWs - purposely strikes up a conversation with them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit