I spoke to 2 Jobos on a cart but I refused to discuss religion

by punkofnice 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

punkofnice, it's interesting that you mention the black and white thinking. Actually, even the fact that they force people to call something using a name they choose, those two things are actual signs of them being a harmful organization.

I have read a few books on spiritual abuse, and the black and white mentality is the number one manipulative tool used to spiritually and mentally abuse people.

Indeed, life is fragile, short and precious. It's very sad seeing it wasted in that nonsense, especially those who believe that they have to spend it all preparing for the next.

• tepidpoultry
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

scratch - Language is a very powerful tool, as we learned in the Orwell novel 1984

tepid - I'm 7

• Tallon
    Tallon

Tepid

As for me, I'm in limbo - don't know what to believe anymore.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sounds good I like it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tallon - That's why I don't believe in anything religious anymore. Once you escape years of brainwashing, it leaves deep scars.

SBF - Thanks

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Punkofnice. Great approach! Being non-confrontational keeps them from shutting down, and allows you to slip in ideas that might make them think a little.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I had two nice older ladies come by a few years ago and I didn't have the heart to get into anything with them. I just took the brochures, said thanks and ended the call.

Also, we're having golabkis for dinner this afternoon. Occasionally my Polish in-laws make a huge batch for the entire extended family. Polish food is great! (Not a big fan of the polka music, though!)

• fukitol
    fukitol

Its Johos not Jobos.

• freddo
    freddo

In the UK "Jobos" is used.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit