Zoom- CO's were told to tell elders/ms not to be on it unless you have a reason PERIOD!

by XBEHERE 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"At some point when they sell off even more halls, this problem will be exacerbated for whatever remaining Witnesses are left."

At some point when this occurs the easiest solution would be to NOT bother driving forty-five-minutes one way to any hall is,,when this eventually occurs.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I have in a metropolitan area.in the USA. The Kingdom Hall in my neighborhood (within a thirty minute walk) is stilll there and in use.

If there are now much fewer KHs and if numbers of JW are about the same size as several years ago, then that would means the numbers of JW per KH is now much higher, but that would create overcrowding if only a tiny percentage of JW are on zoom (or not attending). When I was an active JW I noticed that congregations split into more congregations when they reached about 200 JWs (or attendees) per congregation. I think an elder told me the WT wants congregations to have about 100 people per congregation. I was under the impression that the WT wanted congregations to have no more than 200 people and that it is in order for the elders to be able to observe/manage the JWs (and keep the JWs in 'line").

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Maybe around 5% of 70 publishers do D2D.

So not only are half of the publishers still on zoom, but no one is really going D2D.
  • joey jojo
    joey jojo

I spoke to an elder friend the other day. He told me that they are treading softly with those still using zoom as they dont want to scare them off.

He admitted too many have become comfortable with zoom meetings and letter writing style witnessing and its going to be a battle to get them back.

He told me about 30-40% of the cong are still on zoom, which sounds about right from what everyone else seems to be saying.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Don't think JWs returning to halls. Everything has too do with lack motivation and enthusiasm. That been going down for decades. Don't know what GB gonna do. Maeby dress as cheerleader and jump around trying to motivate everyone šŸ˜. Seems like lost cause.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOEY JOJO:

Iā€™m glad they are afraid of scaring more people off. They have lost so many people: many ā€˜woke upā€™ in the past several years plus many older JWs are passing away.

When the Baby Boomer JWs are gone this religion is pretty much done and Iā€™m sure a lot of people know this.. When they go, a significant amount of relatives who are hanging on (just to please JW parents) are going to stop going.. Guaranteed that as soon as the funeral service is over a majority of these people will never again set foot in a kingdom hall.

So, I imagine the religion will ā€˜tread softlyā€™ with this Zoom thing - unless they want to accelerate the loss of more JWs.. I do think thereā€™s a possibility that some fed-up people will tear off the band-aid and start their ā€˜Fadeā€™.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    a significant amount of relatives who are hanging on (just to please JW parents) are going to stop going..

So true!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

When my PIMI father dies. If they try to bring me back into the fold, thinking Iā€™m a lost sheep. Iā€™m certainly going to tell them a few home truths.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Maybe around 5% of 70 publishers do D2D.

This is really funny, considering the door-to-door work is the only ā€œcharitableā€ activity they have with any documentation.

Lose that, and their tax exemption might come a little too close to the chopping block for their comfort.

šŸ˜

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit