Dreading the new system of things

by Addison0998 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Addison0998
    Addison0998

Was I the only one who secretly dreaded the new system of things a little bit when I was a believing witness? Of course I felt very guilty, because of all the sick and heartbroken people who needed a perfect world to live in. But there are a lot of nice parts of life I was going to secretly miss. Like amusement parks, “worldly music”, movies and tv shows, technology, go karts, riding scooters, cars, and even the “worldly” people around me I was going to miss, because it was honestly nice to get away from witnesses sometimes. Especially when I was tired of self righteous opinions and getting judged, it was relieving to be around people at work and talk about guys, sex, tv shows, or politics without worrying about the repercussions. I think at the time, I didn’t even realize I felt this way about worldly people, it was more sub conscience.

I was also dreading the new system because I knew that god would be a lot harsher and more strict, and I thought that maybe even thinking a dirty or negative thought could turn me into burnt toast from a lightning bolt.

Was it just me, or were you guys looking forward to it?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Looking back, I didn't have any specific thoughts on what the "new system" would actually be like or what I would literally be doing for all eternity. Those thoughts were overshadowed by my dread the great tribulation and my hope that it along with all of it's unavoidable horrors, would never come.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

We had a sister who constantly liked to speculate on life in the new system. Her main concern was that there would be naked bottoms on her sofa.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Amelia Hedgehog heroine We had a sister who constantly liked to speculate on life in the new system. Her main concern was that there would be naked bottoms on her sofa.

I think there was quite a lot of speculation about perfect naked bottoms....on sofas or otherwise :-)) I

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I just wanted my own pet lion. I was worried that as i was a bit naughty sometimes i would end up with a shitty leopard or summat.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

To tell you the truth, I was not looking forward to it one bit. The thought that was going through my head was all the cleanup, and not the clean up of the dead, but other stuff. All those government labs where they work on all those nasty viruses, nuclear waste, nuclear and chemical plants, junkyards, and all those huge @$$ buildings. Even if they did collapse, there would still be that huge mess that needed to be cleaned up.

I asked my mom about that stuff once, and her answer was, "Oh Jehovah will deal with all that stuff." I'm thinking where in the bible did it ever say he was going to do it?

Then to top it all off they kept talking about the slave class at the meetings, it made me feel like "paradise" would be not a pleasant place for those of the slave class.

Even with all that, I didn't like the idea of thinking that God would kill off everyone who was not a JW because I knew some JWs who were not on the up and up, and looking for ways to cheat their fellow man, and fellow brother (I personally knew of a couple of crooks). While there were those who were not JWs and they were good people, doing their best in caring for their families and fellow man.

When I was a JW, I also never felt like I was good enough to survive Armageddon, even though I was doing a lot of stuff for the organization. Pioneering at 90 hours a month, working on the kingdom hall projects as part of the electrical crew, doing those 5-minute parts at the meetings that they gave the sisters, going where the need was greater; those where you go for two weeks at a time, and a whole lot of other things.

Eventually, I got to where I didn't even want to be in the new system, because of all the crap that goes on inside those congregations.

• zeb
    zeb

Will those in charge still be as obsessed with sex as they are now?

My guess is..more so with all those perfect bodies m&f around...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Was I the only one who secretly dreaded the new system of things a little bit when I was a believing witness?

No you weren't the only one. My husband and I wanted to get away from it all when we got into the new system, live a quiet life out in the country, build a house, grow some food, have some babies and keep away from those screwed up, egotistical elders.

We said we would basically avoid all the crazy elders and COs until Jesus sorted them out. Yeah well.....then we realised.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I was looking forward to it in part of my consciousness because it was indoctrinated into it from birth but then I struggled that I wasn't going to make it supporting the deviously corrupt WTS.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I remember praying that Armageddon didn't come until the new Star Wars movies were released. Now I wish just the opposite.

I remember hearing all sorts of loony tunes things being said by Witnesses about the "New System". I know it is all fantasy now, but back then I would think to myself, "Don't you understand what life is going to be like? There will be no -

• Hot water
    • Electricity
    • Air conditioning
    • Gas powered engines
    • Grocery stores or restaurants
    • Clothing stores
    • etc."

I laugh when I see these Watchtower videos made for conventions showing everyone clean shaven and wearing clean, pressed, modern clothing. It will be more like medieval times, but with a meatless diet consisting of boiled vegetables. If that's "Paradise" please kill me at Armageddon Jehovah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit