Dreading the new system of things

by Addison0998 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Tameria2001 - "Eventually, I got to where I didn't even want to be in the new system, because of all the crap that goes on inside those congregations."
    Xanthippe - "My husband and I wanted to get away from it all when we got into the new system, live a quiet life out in the country, build a house, grow some food, have some babies and keep away from those screwed up, egotistical elders."

I was in a similar place at one time, too.

You get used to thinking of the WTS's "New System" as a place of freedom and peace...

...until you realize that the WTS fully intends to - for all intents and purposes - govern the planet.

Forever.

I actually felt sick to my stomach.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

You could probably make the argument that if that paradise nonsense was really true, then God would make all of the modern comforts available to everybody, even if he used magic. After all, he did magically make all animals fly to the middle east so they could be stuffed inside the ark.

So to answer the question, yes i would like to have the opportunity to live in this paradise, assuming that God would give two shits about humans and continue to provide a comforting life.

• sir82
    sir82

with a meatless diet consisting of boiled vegetables.

You forgot the fruit!

Picnic tables piled high with fruit!

Fruit to the left, fruit to the right, fruit piled on fruit, fruit fruit fruit glorious fruit!

Hope you like fruit!

Too bad about there being no more toilet paper though.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Too bad about there being no more toilet paper though.

Where will be plenty of fig leaves. Also tremendous joy of watching lions and bulls scratching each other's backs, and the obligatory hand shake between you and your African neighbor, while a steady stream of folks run down from the local cemetery -- newly resuscitated wearing their culturally appropriate outfit.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I had doubts about almost everything the WT said, while I was in.

And the meetings were dumb boring. Conventions intolerable. Field service seemed silly to me. Many times I had to pretend that I was happy or enthusiastic about spreading the good

I sometime wondered that this inner nature of mine may get revealed in the new system and would be destroyed.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

According to the Bible Jehovah wasn`t such a nice guy in the O.T. killing so many people either by himself or just using Angels to do his work ,so that`s a bit of a worry .

Also what`s all this slaughtering of animals,he was so obsessed with, his creations that throughout the O.T. he was responsible for Thousands at a time in some cases all to be offered as sacrifices ?

And how many lives of humans does Jehovah require then as he apparently does now with the sacrificial death of both youths and adults on the Alter of Jehovah with the NO BLOOD ban .

Yet hypocritically J.W.`s will accept with no problems fractions of blood that has been donated by those they despise ,members of Christendom and even Atheists and apostates who donate their blood so others can benefit from the fractions of blood they receive.

Remember also there was a Leper Colony in Israel when the Jews were enjoying Theocratic Rule by Jehovah in the Old Testament. ?

So is the "New System Of Things" really going to be something to look forward to ?

• waton
    waton

I dreaded the "new scrolls" [ of laws] being opened, like paragraph 666: " thou shalt not build airplanes" never saw anything more advanced than a kite in wt paradise pictures. pathetic potential proscriptions

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Also what`s all this slaughtering of animals,he was so obsessed with

This is how we can see that this God of the Bible is not exactly a genius. He goes about creating millions of species of animals and plants, established ecosystems, and incredible diversity. Then supposedly one of the species -- in this case humans -- becomes evil, and what does he do?

He destroys 99.99 percent of all animals and plants in the world in a mass extinction only to punish that one specie, even though he has gzillions of angels sitting around doing nothing that could easy kill all humans in one day.

It's basically like having a Zoo, and after realizing one of the animals needs to be euthanized, you drop a bomb on the zoo to level it completely.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    redvip2000 - "It's basically like having a Zoo, and after realizing one of the animals needs to be euthanized, you drop a bomb on the zoo to level it completely."

Reminds me of an old George W. Bush -era joke...

Q: How many neocons does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: None. They just declare war on evil and burn down the house.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy3 - "So is the "New System Of Things" really going to be something to look forward to?"

Okay, I've resisted long enough. I gotta reiterate one of my old standbys (sorry, folks).

WT publications have stated more than once that they intend to be around to essentially govern the New System after Armageddon.

Now, imagine the Org being given control of a small country tomorrow (let's call it "Watchtowistan").

I guarantee you that within a decade (if not sooner), advances in science and medicine will have ground to a halt, divorce under virtually all circumstances would be illegal, creationism would be mandated in schools, any form of alternative sexual expression would be outlawed, all outside entertainment would be banned, disfellowshipped individuals would be stripped of citizenship and imprisoned or deported, and "apostates" would be sentenced to death without possibility of appeal or reprieve (IMO, anyone who denies this is either hopelessly naive or lying to themselves).

Now, imagine a regime like this encompassing the entire planet.

Forever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit