JW "new light" immediately reversed/contradicted

by BoogerMan 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Do they qualify what they mean by 'not allowed'. Just thinking out loud. I can't be bothered reading it myself because I don't want to die of terminal constipation.

It's very poorly written.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I am with POnice. It's just bad writing and bad proofreading.

• dozy
    dozy

I'm assuming (though it is a bit ambiguous) that really bad things (eg murder) will not be permitted in the new order , but general naughtiness / "worldliness" (eg beard growing) will be permitted , at least till the person either dies due to being judged unworthy or gets finally snuffed out at the "Final Test". . But a lot of the Societies ramblings about the "New Order" remind me of the debates about how many angels can dance on the end of a pin and it really underlines that this doctrine has literally been plucked from a couple of random scriptures and spun together.

For a leadership that talks about how we "needn't speculate" on what will happen in the New Order , they sure do like to speculate a lot.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

It’s a fool’s errand to try to guess what the WT writers really mean in any given article, but if I had to guess, I think the key word in these 2 quotations is “practice”.

I.e., no one will be “allowed to practice vile things in the new world”, meaning “they won’t be able to do bad things over and over again without consequences.”

Then, in the later paragraph, I would guess it means some “vile deed” done just once (I.e. not a “practice”.

This point is of course not as reassuring as the writers may think. It sounds like basically Jesus and/or some angel is sitting there with his “finger on the trigger” - one mistake and blammo! Eternal annihilation.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ Rattigan350 - there is a problem - if you don't know what is 'old' and what is 'new.'

Here are just some of the references to prove the Borg always taught that people would practice vile deeds in the new world:

it-2 p. 138 - Those resurrected will not be judged on the basis of the works done in their former life, because the rule at Romans 6:7 says: “He who has died has been acquitted from his sin.”

w82 5/15 p. 9 - This means that when a person is resurrected he will be judged according to what he does during Judgment Day, not on the basis of what he did before he was resurrected.

g 1/10 p. 11 - Will the judgment of resurrected ones be based on what they did before their death? No. The Bible teaches that “he who has died has been acquitted from his sin.” (Romans 6:7) So, like those who survive the end of this system, those resurrected to life on earth will be judged “according to their deeds” during Judgment Day.

wt chap. 9 p. 87 par. 14 - They will be “judged individually according to their deeds” performed after their resurrection.

pe chap. 21 p. 180 par. 13 - We have clearly seen that when the dead come forth from the grave, they are not judged by their past deeds. Rather, they are judged on the basis of what they do during Judgment Day. [millenium] So when Jesus mentioned “those who did good things” and “those who practiced vile things,” he was referring to the good things and bad things that they would do during Judgment Day.

rs p 339 - If we were to take the view that people were going to be condemned on the basis of deeds in their past life, that would be inconsistent with Romans 6:7.

uw chap. 9 p. 76 par. 12 - They will be “judged individually according to their deeds” performed after their resurrection.

w73 4/15 p. 240 par. 35 - It is only after any who have been resurrected from “hell” return to evildoing willfully that their having been resurrected will end up in a judgment of condemnation to everlasting destruction.

w65 1/1 p. 20 par. 5 - However, does that mean that even those practicing vile things after their resurrection are going to keep on living in this new system of things?

• Ding
    Ding

Sounds like they updated one paragraph with "new light" but not another.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I am with POnice. It's just bad writing and bad proofreading.

So much for everything being checked 60 odd times before release!

George

• waton
    waton

" bad conduct will not be allowed in the new system" could also mean that those really rotten apples, coming back, and having the recreated bad traits ( Poor J and j for having all that crap to memorize) , will in short order depart again.

If the millenium is an (ongoing) judgement day, judgement could be ongoing, as your resurrection court date comes up.

not predicting, just suggesting alternative talking snake plot.

predictions create predicaments wt should know.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Ding: Sounds like they updated one paragraph with "new light" but not another.

If this was an RPG, they would claim that their Sword of a Thousand New Truths had malfunctioned, or something.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

To be fair, they really mean nobody will do vile things after the 1000 years period.

It's always been common knowledge that during the 1000 years, the resurrected will be weeded out based on transgressions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit