How to disorder a JW (family) chat

by Gorbatchov 34 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Maybe the JWs have to make clicks on the site to gather the latest cult line here or there to be in the 'know' -- keep up their social standing among the hierarchy.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Even at 100,000,000 hits a year. When you factor in the 8 million publishers who at a bear minimum would have to visit the site at least twice a week, that equates to 96,000,000.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Joe, they do.

All publications used on congregation meetings are online. Bible reading, online. CLAM documents, online. Songbook, online.

Showing video's in ministery, online.

Field service report, online.

G.

• carla
    carla

Saying they have the highest ranked website when they require all their members to visit it is idiotic.

Say you have only one power company in your area and they have the audacity to say 'We are the number one provider of power in xyz area!' Well, no shit sherlock, you are the only one! We are required to use you!

Think about how often a dedicated watchtower follower would need to check site on a daily basis. Gorbatchov's list is enough of a start, then think of the jw who lives with non believers and has that jw discussion and must run to the literature for answers.

If they could track it by non members then they might have bragging rights if the numbers were that high. Aren't they supposed to be humble anyway?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Slimboyfat: Saying that the JW website only gets so many visitors because there are millions of JWs and they are expected to visit for important literature updates, kind of misses the points.

When JWs boast about the usage of their site, they usually assume it is people from the world, outsiders, that show interest in their work. And yet, they ignore the biggest source of these numbers:

1) Used at meetings: Song books, book study, watchtower, etc. These publications are used during regular meetings. Hence, each member in attendance will "visit" the website several times during the week.

2) Peer pressure: In field service, at the meetings, at social events, JWs will often talk about their own litterature and boldly ask if you have read the latest article. I remember that I used to randomly select an article of the awake, read part of it, and than, talk about that with other members in the congregation just to show that I had read my magazine!

3) Watchtower Rules: JWs judge other religions saying they hold on to tradition while their own traditions and laws are found all over their publications. Anytime a JW wonders if he has the right to do something or not, he will go to JW.org (or the Watchtower CD).

The difference with most other groups is that JWs enforce the reading of their publication.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    jwundubbed: @darkspilver, So...

It wasn't me. It was Gorbatchov's sister-in-law. I'm just a messenger.

But it was certainly interesting to see the cognitive dissonance and strawman justification that her answer lead too...

(btw as a side thought - I don't think we should confuse the website with the app which I believe operate independently? - the JWs can get all the stuff they need for meetings and ministry from the app, without ever actually visiting the website - in fact I know some JWs who never (or hardly ever) actually visit the website, but only use the app).

Is it important? No. Although of course, it was important enough for YOU to ask for a citation, and Gorbatchov's sister-in-law gave you not one, but two.

But the bottom-line is: Having a website, whether it is popular, or not, does not prove that the JW's are the 'right' religion.

Now it is time for that sister-in-law to ask Gorbatchov a question: have you managed to find anything more out about all those Jewish Women?

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/282479/history-jw-org-domain

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Darkspilver: I don't think we should confuse the website with the app which I believe operate independently?

The App connects to jw.org. Hence, usage statistics include the Mobile App. That being said, i would not expect for reused applications to count more then once as they would be downloaded only once. Considering that they also have fewer magazines, I would expect this count to go slightly down as well. Still, watching videos or other media on the mobile app will also count as jw.org stats.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Darkspilver: But the bottom-line is: Having a website, whether it is popular, or not, does not prove that the JW's are the 'right' religion.

Agreed! I once pointed out to my dad that the "generation of 1914" was printed on the Awake magazine for several years with a total distribution reaching in the billions and translated in hundreds of languages. Bottom-line: All that distribution didn't make the "prophecy" true. There could be billions of visitors on the JW website and this will not attest to the veracity of the information.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    StephaneLaliberte: The App connects to jw.org. Hence, usage statistics include the Mobile App. That being said, i would not expect for reused applications to count more then once as they would be downloaded only once.

Cool thanks.

It appears that the WT have decided to run virtually their entire digital footprint through just one central website, and the WT is also very centrally organized - this helps explain why it is so popular.

Other organizations etc often appear to run their digital footprint over a multitude of (IMHO confusing) websites, which divides their individual popularity.

Personally I have no doubt that the (vast?) majority of visitors to the jw.org website are JWs themselves, but that does not negate their visits.

• jaydee
    jaydee

don't forget about the Vast Apostate Army checking on the latest BS ..... that will push the numbers up......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit