How to disorder a JW (family) chat

by Gorbatchov 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Half banana
    Half banana

Gorby you might like to point out that for a whole lifetime they taught that the generation who saw 1914 would also see the end of the old world system. In other words the bulk of all of their preaching was false! They never get a prophetic date right.The basis for setting the year 1914 is wrong and 1914 was supposed to be the start of the paradise on Earth which was the reason for starting the whole useless religion in the first place. Nothing they say is worth knowing.

Just to cast a damper on the party next time!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It's so odd to me reading this kind of thing now, 10 years have passed and one ends up seeing the bs for what it is.....bs.

Playing along with the delusion isn't helping them or you. Man up 😉 and call the bs for what if is!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I think resonable remarks when the propaganda game starts could be:

- why is this so important for you?

- why are numbers so important?

- do you have other subjects?

- Christians should be humble.

- Jesus had no eartly belongings.

- I don't like to hear non confirmed news.

- Did you heard about biased information? Let me explain.

G.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Or: Have you ever considered the other side of the coin?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wonder if the popularity of JW.org is only a recent development, since the promotion of the website in the last couple of years.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Slimboy it's not popularity: jw.org is a need. All the publications are only digital now. Even a 89 year old JW has to open jw.org to read the daily text etc.

G.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

About the website - you could say I remember when the WT published a picture of computer cord likening it to a Satan snake. Now the WT embraces it and exposes all of it's followers to it's influences. (of course, good for finding out about the WT secrets and so bad for them ha)

My mom threw away a computer she had gotten for free because she was so afraid of the evil internet.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Just change the subject to something neutral. Keep doing it until you find something, anything, they can talk about non-JW related.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The reason why the statistics for the JW web site is so high is that all of the members are expected to go on the site at least once a month. So, that would lead to at least to close to 100 million visitors per year! Considering that many go on it more than once a day for the Online Library, videos they now show on field service, etc. And yet, despite these numbers, they`re rate of growth keeps declining!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Saying that the JW website only gets so many visitors because there are millions of JWs and they are expected to visit for important literature updates, kind of misses the points. There are millions of JWs, and apparently they faithfully follow the literature updates by visiting the website. That is the point, and apparently more so than any other religious group. Some of the competing websites are well known, like the blue letter Bible is well established. I used to use it often.

And I know JWs who don't bother with days text or broadcasts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit