kingdom halls

by pepperheart 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    "...they may very well suggest meeting in homes."

Not bloody likely!

Back in the day when the Book Study was held in homes...the meeting program consisted of a book, a conductor and reader. I guess you could say the meetings were held more on a manual and simple basis. WT has complicated the conducting of its meetings by going digital and getting the rank and file used to expensive electronic devices and big screen monitors. For meetings to be held in homes would require that the rank and file whose home would be used would have to fork-out some serious cash on electronic equipment compatible to WT standards so that the WT Study and CLAM meetings can be conducted by WT's current delivery. Not to mention that there just 'ain't' that many homes available in any one congregation.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think that meetings in homes are gone for good, at least in the US. Cities are getting more strict on zoning regulations, lack of parking in residential areas, homes not meeting fire codes or not being compliant with handicapped access laws. Not to mention that it gives the pedos more opportunities. JWs are not alone in this, as some denominations will not endorse home study locations any more.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JWGONEBAD & DROPOFF:

Yes, I’m aware of the lack of homes to meet in and also the liability issues, etc.

But, if they keep selling off halls and it gets to the point where the nearest halls are so far that many JWs can’t or won’t drive there then what? They would be pushing yet more JWs into inactivity and I don’t mean fence-sitters or PIMOs. These ones would welcome the excuse to ‘fade’..No, I’m referring to the old faithful ones..I can’t imagine that’s what the religion really wants.

They have to think of a solution to this possible problem.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The Watchtower executives running things probably have a business model for the eventual end of the corporation in play.

I think as the Watchtower corporation faces it self imposed Armageddon being that they are in the misinformation printing advertisement business focused on world take over by their revered Deity according to some interpretation of scripture favoring their corporation. This type of business must have some bail out plans for it's executives as the face their self impose demise. I don't think the Governing Body have placed all hope of Armageddon saving their cowardly in denial asses they must have some back up plan to give them selves a golden parachute in case corporate "Jehovah" don't come thru.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

The watchtower have made all the cuts they can and now they are going to sell off kingdom halls off to keep warwick going and to make sure that the GB are well fed.Of course it will be "such a shame" when they have to sell of a kingdom hall off in texas or LA but its far more important to keep the world headquaters going than just a kingdom hall or two.As for the old faithful ones do you really think that the watchtower give a shit about them.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Who said anything about meeting in private homes. Why not go fully digital. Have a nominal subscription fee on the internet to view the latest jw movies. That way they solve their liability issues, have complete autonomy from a central location, and get an income. In 50 years time I see a mainly on line religion with maybe 5-8 million subscribers. There will be assembly halls in main locations that the faithful will attend when they can get to it.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

JOE that is what its like now for lots of little cults,95% online and if you want to read somthing offline you have to download it yourself

• LV101
    LV101

Re/online digital/TV cults: I can't tell you how many people in their late 50s to 70s have told me how much money their parents/grandparents, aunts/uncles, have given to TV evangelizers. I can't believe it! The WT crooks will have their adherents believing it's the way (or any other scheme they plan) and they'll continue to be duped.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

This is so sad - elderly giving money to TV evangelists.

I am totally turned off by all religion and have NO use for any of them.

• LV101
    LV101

LonghairGal - I know! 2 of the people (women, daughters of donators) are educated and their parents budgeted/or paid for their college and raised them to be fiscally responsible. It's hard to imagine why these parents would make such ludicrous decisions. I think the aging leads to vulnerability and fear -- men, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit