Does Everyone Leave For The Most Noble Of Reasons?

by Englishman 35 Replies latest jw friends

• version 2.0
    version 2.0

funny how, reading some of the replies, that the reasons for getting out aren't always the ones that keep you out.

i have to give it up for anyone who left because of conscience/doctrinal issues.

i left (asked to leave rather) mainly to smoke, drink, and carouse with tarts as much as humanly possible. two years later it was because i couldn't feel it was the truth (as opposed to being able to verbalize it), not for lack of trying. then after this and other sites, and C.O.C. etc, it was because i found the organization and all it embodies to be a dangerous cult that has robbed me and others of happy childhoods and friends/family. they either nauseate me or stir up some pity, depending on my mood.

d

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

I left because of the unchristian ways shown by many, but more importantly the HYPOCRISY when I discovered the UN scandal etc.

Twink

• Englishman
    Englishman

Reborn,

Delete those cookies and start again!

Englishman.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Control + F5 should allow you to see everybody's new avatar if you're using IE.

I left because I felt like I was losing my mind, I knew there was something seriously wrong with JWism but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. Thanks to people like Ray Franz, Randy Watters, and Simon Green, who helped me see the light.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I left because simply because I was tired

Stand up for yourself even if your standing alone

• Prisca
    Prisca

I left because I saw the hyopcrisy and lack of love in the JW world, not to mention I started to read the Bible independantly (gasp!) and could see the Bible's teachings were different from those of the WTS. The 144000, the blood doctrine and the FDS were things I didn't believe in any more, and could not consciencously support. And I left. So I suppose you could say I went because of "noble" reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit