Uninvited...again...

by Anders Andersen 24 Replies latest jw friends

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

My family and I had left back in 2011 and she had a family member getting married and I told my wife she will not be invited to the wedding. Initially she didn't receive an invitation so she called the mother of the girl getting married and asked if she was going to get one. (This is the short version, my wife asked in a very nice way, not demanding)

She said of course, it here but not mailed yet. So all is good. I reminded her that something will happen before it's all over.

Within a week of the wedding the bride to be asked to come over and talk and my wife and the girl went to talk in private and sure enough, was uninvited to the wedding due to "issues that may make the other guest uncomfortable and also her spiritual family would always be there for her even if her biological family wasn't etc"

The girl probably wanted my wife to be ther but I feel she was pressured to uninvited her as the arguments she used seemed above her and sounded like it was from higher up.

So wife is great about it and tells her she will always be here for her if she ever sees things differently etc etc.

Wife had previously told the bride to be that she wanted to purchase her a set of starter pots and pans etc for about 399.00 ish and that although now uninvited that she still would keep her word as she still loves her etc etc

Get this, after the uninvited the girl sends my wife a text with a link to a set of pots and pans for 500.00 + asking "What do you think about these?"

Wife said she thinks the 399.00 ones would work fine for her.

I asked her to give her a check, which she did, as I want to frame the check along with the revoked wedding invitation for reminders.

Wow,...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Same thing happened to me and my wife a couple months back. My brother and his now wife decided to throw an engagement party. We were directly invited by him, face-to-face.

When the week of the party came around, we texted my mom for details (time and place). That's when we were told we were no longer invited. No explanation was given, but we both knew. They wanted it to be a JW-only affair.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I like to know where I stand,

If I'm out fine,

Thank you for letting me know,

I will adjust my life accordingly,

:)

• stealyourface
    stealyourface
    I asked her to give her a check, which she did, as I want to frame the check along with the revoked wedding invitation for reminders.

notjustyet, Unless the check was marked VOID, you're a more forbearing person than I.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"When the week of the party came around, we texted my mom for details (time and place). That's when we were told we were no longer invited. No explanation was given, but we both knew. They wanted it to be a JW-only affair."

And they wonder why you don't want to come back. You just can't make this sh*t up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit