Does it not dawn on the cart witnesses?

by jambon1 34 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

an even bigger more pointless waste of time than the D2D work, ridiculous in all honesty, the GB know it, I wont be surprised to see them pull the plugs on both of the forms of so called "preaching" a clear contradiction in terms if there ever was one, every single time I see them they sit there gossiping and plating with their phones, pathetic.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah it's not exactly "Religion is a snare and a racket!" is it?

• jambon1
    jambon1

These posts are bringing back so many memories of the years and years of pointless, futile, mind numbing dullness that I lived through.

Why did I put myself through it?

It wasn't even as if the banter was all that good with the bro's etc out on the ministry. Aside from a few, they were all arseholes.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

how many of us have observed dub-ladies--out in two's--on the door knocking work.

walking very slowly while chatting away ---if they find no-one at home--they stand at the door for ages.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's also about making it easy to be a loyal, committed JW.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

jambon - It doesn't matter to them that they don't speak to one person all day, it's all about "gettin' that time in", just an easy way to count their time instead of walking door to door, that's all it is plain and simple.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Appearances. It's all about appearances, but to a spiritual end.

I loved to quote from the WT at meetings. There was a study article years ago that made the point that otherwise unreceptive people will remember what they heard us say, but at Jehovah's appointed time. They would finally get the meaning of our message. Alas! It would be too late.

If I had to work alone in service -- and didn't want to talk to anybody -- I would walk up and down the streets in town, dressed in full-Witness garb. Passersby would know that a prophet was in their midst. Perhaps, Jehovah would unseal my reluctant lips, and I would share the message of salvation with a searching-for-the-truth pedestrian.

Yes, that was me . . .

• Listener
    Listener

Who even knows what the message is that they want to convey? They have a campaign for this and for that. One month they focus on a leaflet the next month, on the Awake. It's not as if they are seeing the same people.

The message of the good news is simple but I doubt you would find one person who would tell you that is what the JWs are preaching. It's got lost in all their printed material and in their weekly ministry practice sessions.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sour Grapes: What is completely absurd, crazy and stupid is the Witlesses think they have a life giving message that must be given because the end is so sooooooon. If a Witness saw smoke coming out of his neighbors house would he stand outside his house sipping on a latte with a sign that says, "Neighbor, your house is on fire."

Well said indeed!!!!

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Its a win win the people can get their time in in a dead easy way and headquaters dont have to spend money replacing any magazines or books and now that the magazines are undated they could be there in 10 years time.with the same books and the same smile

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit