Finding the value of God; Isn't it better to believe in a deity?

by Caupon 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What if god is an omnipresent scientist that makes things as an experiment on a trial and error basis ?

• prologos
    prologos
    inventing universes just for the heck of it to see what happens . certainly we are surprised every time we look a little closer, deeper, further, so the future is open ended, like in the evolution process, and we are part of it, enjoy it!
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    AMEN TTDTT!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The belief does God exist, I think it's what humans accept to feel no so alone in the universe.
  • bradford
    bradford

The title could be changed to

Finding the value of an imaginary friend; Isn't it better to believe in an imaginary friend?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jimmy Stewart had the perfect imaginary friend , Harvey.

smiddy

• talesin
    talesin
    I can't deny the sense of calm I've felt after praying, for example.

This is a good example.

If you learn about 'mindful meditation' (ie, google or visit your local library if you like books, and find credible sources, read, and make a logical conclusion), you will find that it accomplishes the same thing. In fact, it is recommended by medical practitioners as a valid form of relaxation for people with MI and cancer.

There is a strong argument to be made for 'prayer as meditation' ... ie, when praying, you enter a stage of dissociation that is akin to meditating, and the mind empties, the heart rate slows, and voila - calm.

Prayer = a religious form of meditation. *

* It should be noted that some religions validate and include meditation as part of their practice. xx tal

• talesin
    talesin

smiddy ,,, I liked Clarence better * grins *

[Edit: though I loved Harvey, and ONLY Jimmy Stewart could have played in that flick.]

"Every time a bell rings ... an angel gets his wings."

• smiddy
    smiddy

talesin

Please refresh my memory , " I liked Clarence better *grins*" ?

plus I`m glad you appreciated Harvey & J.S.

What , are we showing our age ? LOL

smiddy

• talesin
    talesin
    smiddy, we're not THAT old, haha! Perhaps. But anyone who is a film buff, whether 18 or 80, will know about Harvey. : ))

Clarence - Jimmy Stewart as George Bailey, "It's a Wonderful Life", and Clarence is his guardian angel. It's a B&W, Frank Capra film. I watch that, and the version of A Christmas Carol with Alistair Sim, every Xmas. : D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMgt3JQDxw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit