Shunning: Reasoning With JW's

by The Fall Guy 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venus
    venus

Hi The Fall Guy

Very sound logic and reasoning.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah and Jesus have never shunned Satan the devil ,disagreed with him yes but have never shunned him !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

IMO, the WTS has gone so far "beyond the things written", they couldn't see how far if they looked back and tried.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"Shunning is not a biblical thing"

The theory behind it is that under Israel law, the person was supposed to have been killed and thus the ultimate shunning.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

My response to this now is: Jesus wouldn't do it.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Years ago, I finished up living next door to JW's. They knew all about me and called to tell me that as I was disfellowshipped, they wouldn't be speaking to me. Oh OK then... So I asked them what it was that I was DF'd for? They said that they didn't know. So then I asked them if they were happy to shun someone even when they didn't know why they had to be shunned? Exit JW's in confusion..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    snugglebunny - "They knew all about me and called to tell me that as I was disfellowshipped, they wouldn't be speaking to me."

"Hi there!

We just stopped by to let you know we won't be stopping by!"

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta
    YOU: Well, according to your religion, if a JW who lives at home with their parents and siblings gets disfellowshipped, their family association continues as normal. But if that individual later moved into an apartment next door, they would be regarded as if they were dead. Can you show me in the Bible where this discriminatory "law of God" is laid out?

A great unexplainable paradox that I have never heard before

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ ElderEtta...

I think it's to try and avoid being held legally responsible if the DFed individual dies as a result of (Org-mandated) family neglect, or something.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

2 John 10,11 nwt

"10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works."

These verses really helped me along in learning ttatt. I was an elder for nearly 22 years and after reading 2 John several times (all 13 verses-lol) without my watchtower collored glasses on, I could plainly see that these verses were referring to the anti-Christ and not to ordinary sinners! Not that I care anymore, but at the time it really struck me that the organization's shunning policy was a total twisting of bible verses to accomplish their bull shit policy!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit