Perfect Example of JW Dumbing Down

by thedepressedsoul 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wayward
    Wayward

I couldn't hear most of the video but what I could hear, I wasn't too impressed with the JWs. The old-timey JWs I went to doors with as a kid were a whole different creature. They knew their Bibles. Twisted the meanings, but they at least knew their Bibles and could hold their own in a debate. These ladies didn't have a chance. Kind of felt sorry for them actually.

• kairos
    kairos

I got out just before the use of tablets and videos as presentations.

My wife admitted she doesn't bring a paper copy of the Bible to the door anymore. It's unbelievable.

Part of the video that bothered me, was the complete lack of respect when the man was reading form his bible. The sister was,'mmm hmm', 'yeah', while searching her tablet for a scripture to defend her beliefs, all the while ignoring the thoughts of those she is supposedly showing love toward. Shameful. Listen how many times she interrupts him while he is speaking.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

OMG is this real? I can't believe they are starting off their presentation showing a child-like animated cartoon on a tablet now out door to door. No interpersonal communication to go into a conversation and then discussion. My things have really changed. It sure was different years ago when I went out with older ones who were in the organization for a long time. They knew their NWT and scriptures when talking to the "householder".

LRG

• steve2
    steve2

Whacky one meets whacky two - only whacky two knew more about the Biblical basis of his whacky beliefs than whacky two knew about the Biblical basis of her whacky beliefs. Conclusion: when one whacky meets another whacky, nothing is cancelled; instead whackiness multiplies.

• baker
    baker

Im shocked they didn't bring up the word that was left out of his bible, "Jehovah" and try to swerve the conversation in their direction.

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

Yes indeed, they are a pale and insignificant shadow of what they were.

Well they were always insignificant but some could put up a half decent argument and run their NWT inside out. No more. In fact it is boring trying to play with them now. Most haven't got a clue.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    "How come you JWs are so invasive with everyone until the Bible comes out? Soon as the Bible comes out you want to run away."

That guy really hit the nail on the head!

• Listener
    Listener
    I thought the funniest bit was when she was trying to get away and attempted to close the door on the guys. That just says so much about their current day, door to door witnessing.

I guess it's a hard topic for her to discuss considering she is not even a spiritual Israelite.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Going from D2D using a tablet ? instead of a Bible ?

Are they Bible students or tablet students ?

The majority of people , middle aged to older people , would respond to the message of a hard cover Bible , at least to give you a hearing , if they were so inclined.

The Bible in written form does hold a form of reverence , the Bible on a tablet does not have the same impact.

But using a tablet in witnessing at a strangers door and showeing them a video ? or whatever ? as an introduction ? , the mind boggles.

Jehovah`s Witnesses today are not Bible students , far from it , they are students of the Watchtower Publications .

The difference between the two ?

The Bible , doctrines /beliefs / has not changed in 2000 years .The same today as it was 2000 years ago.

The Watcchtower publications as regards beliefs /doctrines / practices , changes every few years with their new light revelations.

And all of that in a short period of only 102 years of their existence since 1879 the first WT.

And God has never seen once to change the Bible`s script in over 2000 years .

smiddy

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What's old has become new again.

JW Witnessing 1933

JW Witnessing 2016

Image result for ipad jehovahs witnesses

JW STYLE OF:

Image result for dumb and dumber 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest