Russell's followers in British Columbia?

by dubstepped 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

So much for we being told in the UK that unlike the Catholic church/Orthodox/protestants we JWs had no schism and were united!😒

Joe 134cdYes I've been following Eric and James' interviews - fascinating - and look forward to the next one!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I'm going back to the early 1980's. I had heard there were some "Bible Students" in the Pittsburgh, Pa area. The place where I lived was about 12 miles southeast of the city. One day in the door to door work a lady invited us in and lo and behold there was a portrait of Russell and portraits of two others right on the wall. Turns out she belonged to one of the "Bible Student" groups and she proceeded to try and convince us that the JW's took control of the original group and that the JW's were the false prophets. I don't remember what all she said because the person I was with wanted to get out of there. Personally, I would have loved to learn more of the "forbidden" things I knew nothing about back then.

Maybe that was a small seed planted in my brain the eventually grew. Who knows.

• btlc
    btlc

Many years ago when I started to seek 'TTATT', I found an interesting page: www.mostholyfaith.com devoted to Russell's teachings, and I was stunned how many more Russell's followers still exist: http://www.mostholyfaith.com/Beta/BibleStudentWebs.asp

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Don't forget my favorite Berean Bible Student Church in Lombard ILL

https://bbschurch.org/

Check out Free Bible Students

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Bible_Students

• waton
    waton

Splinter groups thrive in this climate, check out "Bountiful BC ".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One of the reasons a segment of the IBSA parted from Rutherford was that he rejected Russell's teaching of Pyramidology , this of course happened after 1914 probably around the late 1920's . Christ's return was still seen as selling commodity for the WTS literature proliferation and that carries on to this day a century later.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I don't have any information about the history of Bible Students/JWs in Canada, but I know there was a book published in Germany in 1928 the title of which is, in English, "The Desolations of the Sanctuary" written by Otto and Emile Sadlack, who were outspoken against Rutherford. English-language versions of this book are available on Lulu.com and Amazon.com.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Jws were still into pyramid crap till 1928. I heard the first breaks with Rutherford was also about 1918 one reason was the book the Finish Mystery. Later people left and more breaks because of his failed 1920s Beth sirim predictions . He then reinvented the whole religion and changed the name after so many left.

• Giordano
  • JoenB75
    JoenB75

I think Laymen are the biggest and also most JW like. Wiki says they have 15,000 members. They have their own Russell in PSL Johnson. They have some of the harsh herd disciplines of the JWs. Free are liberals and the Associated goes on with Russell's old light

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit