Tsunamis and Volcanos: why?

by StephaneLaliberte 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Any JW worthy of the name of their God should be able to answer this question. But they have gotten out of their ridiculous circular thinking ability- which initially sounds good, but most JW's refrain from any real thinking on such complex questions.

Volcano eruptions and Tsunamis kill at large scale and very often, without warning. How do believers explain these away?

Man was perfect. Man would have initially spread out from the Garden of Eden, nowhere near volcanoes and tsunamis. As these perfect men spread to those areas, they would have been able to predict such events and avoid the disaster, or could have built totally volcano-proof and tsunami-proof structures for safety, or maybe even God could simply TELL them it was coming and they would move to safety.

Honestly, a real JW in my day could have answered like that.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

OTWO ,those answers may have satisfied a JW giving them ,but I don`t believe it would have satisfied anyone else, certainly not me.

When I was a practicing JW ,I would have said that in a perfect world under God`s Paradise such events would never occur .

Just as Jesus proved he was master over nature ,Jehovah God would surely be able to do so.

• waton
    waton

The universal governance / sovereignty issue raised by wt was never about who was more powerful, (the creator having monopoly on that). but the right to rule right and rule well.

So how does wt explain that in that uneven contest brute force has been used?

Volcanic eruptions, tsunamis have been proven in sediment studies to have happened repeatedly before the talking snake 6000 years ago bsw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit