Dis/UNITED Kingdom?

by BoogerMan 46 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty
    you don't belong here - Boogy

24,000 posts over 10 years says otherwise.

Hundreds of posts offering support and advice to new members in distress. Hundreds of threads offering detailed information on science and theology. Countless posts on controversial topics where I remained respectful while being attacked by others. I'm proud of my posting history here. How about you?

I asked you to offer any support for your assertion that the effects of the virus were 'avoidable'. You made what I considered an unreasonable demand that would effectively have locked up over a million minimum wage workers for months on end. I don't think that's realistic. You demand to know what I would have done differently. I told you I don't think the tragedy was avoidable. So now you resort to ad hominem.

And you have the cheek to say I'm breaking the forum guidelines. I hope we can start again. I wish you no ill will but you need to converse more and bluster less.

You may have guessed I'm weary of lazy virtue-signalling on TV and social media by people who want to rant at anybody who is trying to sort this mess out but who have nothing useful to offer.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

"So now you resort to ad hominem." No - that was your tactics. No more feeding!

• cofty
    cofty

Boogy - Please quote where I have made a personal attack against you or anyone else and I will apologise.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

"Meanwhile back in the real world..."; "You are the one who ranted;" "You seem incapable of following a simple conversation so I will leave you to shout at the universe;" "Did you even take 5 minutes to think it through before you started typing?;" "Since your idea is clearly unworkable do you have any sensible suggestions?"

The contemptuous & dismissive language which you employ in an attempt to disparage someone whose opinions don't meet your level of intellect, is self-evident. Do you speak to your family and friends in such language?

You ask to be shown what you've said, then say you want to "start again?"

No thanks. You're not someone I'd wish to encounter in real life, so let's just avoid each other while we're here.

• mikronboy
    mikronboy

I'm here in my umpteenth incarnation. Sometimes deliberate, sometimes because I've simply lost my PW as normally happens whenever I change my computer. Old age I guess.

I have to say that I've always found Cofty to be one of the most clear headed of posters. In fact, I've occasionally started a thread in the hope that he will add his comments and opinions to that thread.

That's all.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ mikronboy - good that you got treated better.

• cofty
    cofty

Hello Mikronboy, thanks for your kind comments.

Boogy makes the common mistake of conflating robust disagreement with personal attack.

The former makes the forum an interesting place for those of us who welcome factual challenges to our assumptions. The latter makes it more like a school playground.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit