Spacy question - ISS and gyros - what u think?

by MrRoboto 28 Replies latest social current

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Lots of spacy questions lately so I'll add mine here. theres a video of one of the guys on the international space station doing some experiments with a few portable cd players, using them as gyroscopes when turned on. it was interesting to see. but the clips are extremely short. id have like to see a minute or more but ah well.

The question is this: given the high speed and curved path of the ISS, what should we expect to see happen with an object that has active gyros in all 3 dimensions if we were to observe for 1 minute or more?

Personally, i would have added one more on a diagonal plane to cover all the bases but that wasnt their setup.

• stillin
    stillin

Where can a person actually LOOK at this video?

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

youtube, look for "iss experiment gyro" its right there (for me) theres also a few others with fire and such. this one is a bit olderthough, its just one guy. its not glam like the last few years of vids.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Iss isnt real. Its a government coverup to convice the public the earth “round”. If people knew the truth, that the earth is flat, riots would ensue!!!! Its critical that everyone believe the earth is round. For... reasons!

• waton
    waton

wish somebody would link them here.

There was a senator send up, he took a Yo Yo along. I suspect it was to try to pull himself along the corridors by using it as recoilless drive, prime mover. Reactionless drive the next impossible thing to a perpetual motion machine. gyros are amazing, motorcycles running for kilometers without ridere. tops not toppling.

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"The question is this: given the high speed and curved path of the ISS, what should we expect to see happen with an object that has active gyros in all 3 dimensions if we were to observe for 1 minute or more?" - Robo

The ISS is falling around the Earth. The gyros would also be falling therefore they should maintain their position inside the ISS... However, with 3 gyros active inside an imaginary box the box should orbit its axis once for every complete circuit of the Earth that the ISS completes because the gyros would keep their axle perpendicular to their spin... In other words, on one side of the Earth the top of the box would be pointing to the ceiling of the ISS then on the other side the top of the box would be facing the floor...

I believe that is correct based on my knowledge of how these things work... I may be wrong!

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Whatshallicallmyself thats interesting. does this mean that the ISS doesnt orbit the earth but rather the earth is spinning beneath it? sounds fair but the iss is supposed to be moving much faster than earth. or does it move just about 700mph in opposition to the earths rotation, causing an relative speed of about 1700 mph? in that case, i would think the hypothetical gyro-box would wind up stuck to the walls and move around a bit as it resists the change in inertia/direction.

too bad theres no way to test it here, id like to see that.

for the request for links, i consider that a little lazy since i gave an exact saerch term but here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p5rKDhmu37I

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"does this mean that the ISS doesnt orbit the earth but rather the earth is spinning beneath it?" - R

No, the ISS has to orbit the Earth to counteract the Earth's gravity.

"sounds fair but the iss is supposed to be moving much faster than earth. or does it move just about 700mph in opposition to the earths rotation, causing a relative speed of about 1700 mph?" - R

Gravity is trying to pull the ISS to the surface of Earth. To counteract that effect without the need for continuously firing rocket engines the ISS has to travel perpendicular to the surface of Earth fast enough to maintain its height. So for every 1 metre that the ISS falls to ground it needs to have moved along far enough so that it is still the same height above the ground (the Earth's surface will fall away as the Earth is a globe).

"in that case, i would think the hypothetical gyro-box would wind up stuck to the walls and move around a bit as it resists the change in inertia/direction." - R

If you held that same gyro box on Earth about head height and then dropped it, what would happen? It would remain orientated in the same direction but it would drop to the ground, because of gravity. It would remain orientated all the way to the ground whereupon a collision would occur and those forces would overcome the power of the gyroscopes and it's orientation would alter.

In space, in the ISS, the box would fall like it does down here but there would never be a collision with the ground because of the lateral movement of the ISS (and the box inside, along with the gyroscopes). It just keeps on falling...

• atomant
    atomant

lm surprised not more people have looked into the ISS.l can even photograph it on my nikonP900 in good detail.How does a camera with a small zoom lens take a picture of something 250miles away.?Same with Saturn l can see the rings with my camera and its 1.2 billion km's away.l believe these objects are a lot closer than we are being told.Theres hundreds of videos on youtube exposing and debunking the ISS.

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"l believe these objects are a lot closer than we are being told" - Atomant

Why?

Why are we being lied to?

What is the point?

There are thousands of videos on YouTube of people debunking evolution. Their arguments are all repeats of one another and all fail even a cursory examination with reality. There are thousands of cartoons on YouTube; they aren't real either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit