Do you believe?

by rolliepollie 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I can't see the evidence for a loving higher power. Life for humankind has been thousands of years of hardship and heartbreak. Only by trial and error have we learned to relieve the pain and suffering caused by illness and old age.

If such a power exists and he/she knows more than we do about biology why wouldn't he/she tell us? If he/she has less compassion than doctors, nurses, healers of all kinds such a being must be completely cold-hearted.

Certainly not someone deserving of worship and not someone I want to locate or communicate with if such a higher power even exists.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome rolliepollie and please keep an open mind. There is much good information to be learned here from a multiplicity of deep thinkers. I for one would like to believe in a higher power but find I am unable to reconcile reality with wishful thinking. If there was a God or Higher Power and he was really concerned about the human race, his message to us should be clear, concise, convincing, and conceivable on a rational level. Instead we are offered the Bible as holy scripture and it's message is cloudy, conflated, confusing, and crap. On top of that, we are told that we need a third party religious authority figure to interpret it's arcane message. No thank you.

• waton
    waton

We know our power, and the universe clearly is beyond our power, so there is a higher power.

It took work to have our universe, energy to do it. energy can not be created or destroyed. so energy must be eternal, uncreated.

If you want to know about the possible creator, look at her/his works. Life can be tough, but hey, it has been here for 4 billion years. what else do you want? look at the bright side, the sun. We all live of it, in the food chain. food is stored solar energy. sometimes it still wiggles.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when i look at the human race..i realise god does make mistakes too.

• caves
    caves

Higher power, perhaps. God, NO!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

What Stan said!! I second that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I believe in the higher power of natural law and we as humans have little control of it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Do you believe?

Not in the God of the Bible ,or any other god of any other religious texts. He / She is an invention of humans.

Every living thing on this planet lives off the life of another living thing ,devouring, eating ,consuming it.

It`s a violent world in the animal kingdom , and the human environment .

Christians talk about "God is Love" have they really read the Hebrew Scriptures ?

By the way welcome to this site rolliepollie ,glad to have you on board.

take care

I`m the first to admit we know bugger all about the Universe now compared to what we could know in years to come , however a GOD of any sort ,I firmly believe is not going to manifest him or her self.

God supposedly communicated with Adam

God supposedly communicated with his Prophets

Where is he today ?, as the psalmist said is he on the privy ? He can`t come to us right now ?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A HIGHER power? You mean like Timothy Leary and Terence McKenna?

Or were you making reference to the popular fictional character who, despite possessing "Higher Powers," has been unable to provide clear evidence of existence or identity? Who has been incapable of assuring that The Holy Writ is preserved unaltered through time?

No, I don't believe in that one. Do YOU? Really?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit