New Here

by Red.tomato 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Red.tomato
    Red.tomato

Hi everyone, this is my first post .. It takes a little bit of courage to do it, I have to admit and even thought I have been lurking for some time as time goes by it gets more and more difficult to keep attending meetings and just been around the friends in the congregation.

Ever since I learned about the ARC something inside of me just broke and it feels pretty hollow, now I pay attention to every single form of manipulation in every direction, what difference it makes with the catholic church or with any other religions ? I wonder why the publishers are under obligation to report about their lives and decisions to the elders but they don´t keep informed the congregation about what´s going on legally other than Russia. Sometimes I think about how it took so long to write the bible and nobody had the time to write the sentence " do not celebrate birthdays" .. really ? now they have to figure it out if it's ok or not to celebrate.

Although I appreciate some of the friends in the congregation, and I still go it's just because I don`t want to cause some sort of bitterness to my parents, I don´t live with them but we live in the same city . I stopped going out in FS months ago, I don´t comment anymore, so as you can imagine I´m becoming week spiritually. There are so many things to reflect on it but I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you who regularly share your experiences and thoughts here because it really helps to thrive and feel that you are not alone.

I apologized for any mistakes as English is not my first language and writing is not my strongest skills.

• John Free
    John Free

A warm welcome to the forum. Great comments, the bday comment and the fact that they are selective as to what legal developments they report to the rank and file.

just don't believe the cult idea that it is 'weak' to leave. It takes strength to leave such a manipulative group that mentally traps its members with fear, obligation and guilt.

great to have you here!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Welcome. The ARC has woken many up. It's interesting that WT NEVER mentions it, I agree. They swept what they do not want others to find out about. We have mentioned it to most of our in JW family. It's interesting, they are clueless.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Welcome red.tomato

I'm a 60 year old man and my parents were jws when I was born, I grew disillusioned over the years as I learned more about their origin and history and experienced first hand their false predictions, I would like to recommend two things: Go to jwfacts.com there's a lot of good info there and as well try to make friends in the community, sadly you will lose your jw friends once you stop attending,

All the best and hope to hear from you again,

Tepid :0)

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome to the forum. You will find many fine people that post here and much good information that will help you free yourself from Jehovah's Witnesses form of 'spirituality'. I note that you say that you are 'becoming weak spiritually'. Actually, you are probably becoming more of a 'spiritual' person as you weaken the hold that the Jehovah's Witnesses perverted form of 'spirituality' has on you. Best wishes and I look forward to your future posts.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We're so happy to have you here! We have all gone through that phase of awakening that you are currently experiencing. I think it's safe to tell you that your ride has just begun and it can be one hell of a roller coaster emotionally. (BTW -- I have a much better success at my predictions than does WT in their history!

My parents were both active JDubs when I began to see TTATT and it stressed them as they saw me slow down (fade) from Elder to Publisher to erratic attender to inactive, but I seized upon a "cause to be stumbled" and everyone seemed to understand my "discouragement". You may strategize some exit plan like that to be to your advantage as well.

Welcome to the rest of your life!

BTW -- English IS my first language (and only language since I'm an American) and my writings skills aren't any stronger than yours appear to be.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hi red.tom--welcome to the site.

your english is fine--in fact--better than a lot of english people!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Welcome to the forum, Red Tomato.

Your English seems fine to me ...

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to your future posts.

• stillin
    stillin

Nice job, red tomato. I was nervous about my first few posts here, too. But a lot of people here are good ones and you'll be glad you "met" them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit