New Here

by Red.tomato 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to the forum Red tomato.

The non birthday celebration is just another twisted up doctrine that was made up by the many corrupt ignorant leaders of this religious organization.

True it may have had pagan celebratory origins but that's not how or why individual birthdays are celebrated today.

Its done so out love and respect for an individual not in spiritual ritual sense as it was was.

Jesus's greatest commandant was to love one another, so have as many birthdays as you want and keep on loving as many people as you want or think you should.

Make someones day special and they may in return make one day special for you too.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Hi Red tomato, I understand the feeling of "I´m becoming week spiritually". As you continue to learn just how fake the "spirituality" of the Watchtower is, you will be so glad you are strengthening your "worldly ways". It is actually freedom from a cult mentality. It took courage to post, because it is so against your indoctrination. Keep your mind clear and don't fall back into slaving for men in upper New York state.
  • Red.tomato
    Red.tomato

Thank You all for your comments, !!

It really feels good and refreshing to somehow have a some sort of support, sometimes I feel so upset about what´s going on and all this meaningless devotion. At least is good to have a place where we can speak our mind.

At times I feel tempted to talk to my parents about the ARC, but I don´t want to hold them responsible "to report me", I know they don´t consider any CO or Elder as a celebrity as many in the hall do, but still I know they do their best to go out in FS and be part of the congregation. I just would like for them to understand my position and why I´m taking this decision. Any suggestions ??

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If have to keep in mind that the leaders of this organization cultivated and built up power toward themselves for themselves, its obviously not guided by God but by them alone.

You asked about bringing up questionable events like the ARC but really the core over all operation of this religious publishing house is full of adverse corruption and deceit and a lot that stems from the WTS heads organizing a state of unwavering loyalty to them, you even have to make a personal vow to them when your baptized.

False prophet commercialized charlatans are NOT being guided by god or chosen by him either, some say the adversary of god (Satan) is but that's up to each individual's understanding.

Them by the way are corrupt religious charlatans running their own publishing house.

• Chook
    Chook

Welcome my friend I hope you find the peace and contentment you desire, on here is a good place to start , again welcome.

• steve2
    steve2

No birthdays but okay to celebrate wedding anniversaries? Most arguments they use against birthdays can also be used against wedding anniversaries.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Hey tomato! Just let it slide awhile, don't go after your parents with Thor's hammer of Truth. Let them see you are not going wild, drugs, sex and the like. Be a good person, find your niche and enjoy life. Like the JW's say, better to live a good witness than to talk one. Show them you are OK, in fact thriving. They may not ask how you are but in time you will have evidence of a good life when they do.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A sincere welcome to our wonderful community Red!

It is great to have you here.

It is indeed a nerve wracking experience to post for the first time here. We completely understand.

Please be assured that you are in safe place,

As you go through this part of your journey, just keep your dignity, poise and grace with your family and those inside the cong. They all may not ever understand the TTATT (The Truth about The Truth),and they may cause you issues, BUT make sure that they see you as the calm person.

Don't allow the frustration to play into the society's stereotype of "apostates".

Much love!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I can also add my warm welcome to you red tomato and dont worry about feeling nervous in posting on this site , most of us were scared ,apprehensive,nervous when we first came on this site.

Wondering what we were getting ourselves into.

Thats just an indication of how brainwashed we were by JW`s.

In my case 10 years ago and the best thing I have ever done with regards to religion/spirituality or lack of it.

Love to hear more of your experiences

• Half banana
    Half banana

Hi Red tomato and welcome to the site. You ask, any suggestions?

I would say the first thing is to realize that the JW org is a sham religion and that you have no need to respond to their demands. Ok, they make it very difficult for leavers to negotiate family loyalties because they are a mind controlling cult and want to intimidate you. I suggest that you develop your own interests and life goals and you consign this long episode of folly into the past.

Find good sympathetic worldly friends, get to know why the JW org is a cult, get tertiary education if you have time and can afford it and make sure you realize that the only life you will ever have is precious-- so use your time well to enjoy this life.

All the best to you and do keep posting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit