use the app to record fictional time

stop talking to all the idiots you never liked anyway at the hall

skip meetings

stop doing any meeting parts

only hang with the few who aren’t completely cooked

Skip assemblies

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow
    I was always wired to live, not die. The thought of dying had never been in my vocabulary and scares the sh_t out of me!

Me too. I can not deal with the thought of blinking out of existence.

I cant imagine not being around to see my daughters have kids or become who they will become.

I am terrified by it, and to a large degree I think it is paralyzing me to living the best life I can now.

Feel... lost.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words! I’m addicted to this site and is probably the best therapy for me. I just need to come to grips that I am mortal and this will all end for me one day and that is what sucks!

• Acerbitous
    Acerbitous

Glad to hear you got, Woke!

I have a 1920 Watchtower, with the earth shattering article from Judge Rutherford- "Millions Now Living will never die!" It was underlined, too! A die hard Rutherford follower gave it to me about 30 years ago-- before he died.-He was still hanging onto his Bible Students taught beliefs from the 1920's and 30's.

Just curious-- did any householder ever try to talk you out of the JW beliefs?

• Acerbitous
    Acerbitous

I never had a problem with elders trying to coax me back to the KH meetings--

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I just need to come to grips that I am mortal and this will all end for me one day and that is what sucks!

Perhaps this may help James... You have always been mortal even as a JW.

AT any time past you could have died from illness or accident. It could have all ended already, even IF you were to attain a resurrection later. And then, according to WT you would still be mortal. Eternal life is not immortality. The eternal life was at 'jehovahs' kindness and well, could be snuffed out anytime especially in that first 1000 years if you somehow failed to please the governing body....

• James Jack
    James Jack

Aussie

I know, but I’m just wired to live! I truly love living and doing outdoor activities and the thought of it all coming to an end is crushing.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I've been pretty much out of the borg now for 5 years or so. I was in it my whole life. Now that I'm in my late 30's, I'm beginning to wonder about actually growing old and it scares me.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

You Cant Go Back And Change the Beginning But You Can Start Where You Are And Change The Ending....C.S.Lewis

Zing

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

My Name is of No Consequence4 hours ago

I've been pretty much out of the borg now for 5 years or so. I was in it my whole life. Now that I'm in my late 30's, I'm beginning to wonder about actually growing old and it scares me.

Growing old...? ive been young for almost 72 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit