My wife and I have begun our fade

by James Jack 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jack
    James Jack

I haven’t posted in awhile. My wife asked me after the year 2000 came and went without fanfare(because the WT Organization said all the “New World” would be here within this 20th century would end), “ What would it take for you to leave the Truth?”. My reply was “ if I turn 60 in this “System of Things”. We both laughed!

Well, back in May 2019, I turned 60. We are not laughing now. We stopped going to the meetings cold turkey, as I can not get over the fact we were misled and wasted some 40 years of our vital energies on a unfulfilled dream! Having no retirement, savings, and plenty of debt, I’m in shock and heartbroken.

The friends that called to ask about our missing the meetings, I told them we are heartbroken that this “System of Things” is still going on and we were told it would all be over by now!

One Elder that had been calling me every week (I stopped answering his calls), had left a message in July saying that if I didn’t return his call, he wouldn’t call anymore and he hasn’t.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

are you happy you woke up? or would you rather remain under the spell?

• tiki
    tiki

Welcome to freedom...and reality! Enjoy life free of the anxiety and drag that particular religion puts on its people. And too...you owe none other than yourself explanation as to your decision. From what you say you have already ceased allowing them power over you by denying contact. Now relax and make the best happiest life for yourselves!!

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

James, if I remember correctly are you from Florida? I am asking because i used to be as well and i was wondering if we possibly crossed paths.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

It is an evil and smart religion, that can have such a strong and material hold on people. My parents also believed they would never die and got really disappointed when it became increasingly clear to them they were wrong. As kid I thought they were idiots for believing they would not experience basic life conditions but today I look at it more charitable and mature. I hope in time you will still have certain good memories about it and now look ahead for new things.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Well done! It'll get easier as you go on.

• Steel
    Steel

My mother in law who lives in a second world country who was a teacher for 40 years. At 60 she was required to retire and was given the choice between 250 dollars a month for life or 20000 dollar payout .

Given the fact the end of the system of things was just so close she choose the lump sum . Guess who is 82 years old now and guess who is sending 200 dollars a month back to her.

I wonder how many other people are in a similar situation ? And the fuckers keep teaching it 😡

• James Jack
    James Jack

Cyber Jesus- I’m happy I woke up, but sad not knowing what lies ahead.

silentbuddha- I started in Key West, then Miami, Then Stuart

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Good for you!
    I am sure we are all hoping that you have friends and family outside the cult that you can lean on?

• James Jack
    James Jack

I was always wired to live, not die. The thought of dying had never been in my vocabulary and scares the sh_t out of me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit