Disturbing/Puzzling Skit at JW Function Last Night Plus Odd Choice of Music

by Cadellin 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I know of a brother that got up and sung hotel California by the Eagles. Lol. He had been in a motorcycle accident some years ago,and had suffered head trauma.
  • Cangie
    Cangie
    @millie210...I'll bet that was the D.O.'s way of saying "pfffftht" to the BOA on his way out. Maybe he was more "awake" than any of them suspected...
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    JWs aren't logical thinkers. They get an idea in their head and simply run with it without working it through to its logical conclusion.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i wonder how many DO's--CO's--specials and missionaries---and their wives---lurk on here ?
  • carla
    carla
    I thought they weren't supposed to be doing these sort of get togethers anymore?
  • rebel8
    rebel8

The kids who made up that skit know the scoop!

I thought dubs took credit for Imagine as a song about them. You know, everything is about them. The thing about no religion fits with how they used to tout themselves, "We are not a church." They are The Truth, not a religion or belief system. blah blah blah. And there would be no churches in TNS.

• out4good4
    out4good4

Out of the mouth of babes.....

I'll bet the irony was completely lost on all the die-hards.....

• steve2
    steve2

I'd be more impressed with the skit if it depicted the oldies dying off and the next generation coming through and then dying off and on and on.

My maternal and paternal grandparents joined in the md-1920s and 1930s respectively and they died during the 1970s- early 1980s.

Now my JW parents' generation has died too.

And, as others have asked, what about the pre-1914 and pre-1925 generations - now well and truly dead and gone.

• millie210
    millie210
    Cangie3 hours [email protected]'ll bet that was the D.O.'s way of saying "pfffftht" to the BOA on his way out. Maybe he was more "awake" than any of them suspected...

Agreed Cangle! lol

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I always found it nauseating the way anytime JW's got together as a group, they had to do something religious or Bible based. Why couldn't they have had a humorous skit where the plot simply expressed the groups well wishes to the people who were moving? Why did they have to drag growing old and dying, or the "end of the system" into the occasion? Don't they have ample opportunities as it is to think about these big picture topics?

Don't get me started on how they'd make meeting style "announcements" and then insist on thanking Jehovah for the refreshments our loving sisters provided.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit