Disturbing/Puzzling Skit at JW Function Last Night Plus Odd Choice of Music

by Cadellin 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I'm telling you guys, the longer "This Old System" insists on not being destroyed, the weirder the JWs are gonna get...
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

I have to agree with you: the longer This Old System hangs around, the weirder the JWs are going to get. At least some of them anyway.

It does seem to me that some are on their last nerve and are desperately trying to hold it together. The ones that seem to be doing okay are those who are financially secure. Age, sickness and the ultimate eventuality is going to get all of us. It is a downhill slide, but Witnesses who didn't plan for old age are going to be worse off.

As far as the demoted special pioneers, I am sure it is a shock having to earn a living and function in the real world...Working at a decent job can be bad enough as I can well attest to. But a bad job is horrendous. I wish them luck finding something decent.

The Witness hope is so cruel and I am glad when I walked away from the religion that I purged this from my mind!

• kaik
    kaik
    Sad is that these children will never see the promised paradise. I was a child back going for the first time to school when my JW aunt told me that I would not have to worry because Armageddon will arrive before the school will start. I am now in middle age group, my aunt is long dead, and two generations had been born since 1975.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback

The skit was weird, there is no argument about that. Maybe they should have prepared a better skit, but I'd still sit there and soak it in, and clap to show appreciation for their efforts.

I have sung and played, "Imagine" on my guitar at so many JW gatherings, and I know people interpret it in their own ways, who cares, I'm just having fun. It is requested so many times and I love to play it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit