Vomit Eaters and Filthy Whores

by Sea Breeze 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The Watchtower characterizes Christians not affiliated with the Watchtower Corporation as vomit eaters and filthy whores:

“How well they pictured the spiritual drunkards of Christendom at the present time! Besides actual wine and intoxicating liquors, there are other things to intoxicate the priests and preachers in Christendom so as to induce drowsiness in them, to make them reel, to confuse things before their religious vision, to induce them to belch out the vomit of spiritually filthy things” - w59 3/1 pp. 134-144
    The WT also calls Christians filthy whores, as the most reprehensible part of the Whore of Babylon the Great. (w70 12/1 pp. 720-728)

Do you think that the WT has invited persecution upon themselves by using such language to describe their neighbors? Or, do you think they would be persecuted anyway even if they did not use such language to describe their peers?

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

They have made no friends - that is certain. They have never been able to hide their jealousy of Christendom.

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

I see their disgusting Insulting statement as a projection of themselves.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

They're certainly the most judgemental mofos, considering they are specifically commanded NOT to judge.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SEA BREEZE:

When you read this language the JW religion uses when describing other Christian religions, it sounds almost psycho! Back in the early days when I was ‘in’ (and didn’t know the real story) this bothered me.

I mean, who do they really think they are? They are no more than an offshoot of the Adventist religion.. Anybody wants to keep believing this is ‘truth’, go right ahead.

So many of their teachings are man made and faulty. They keep on reinventing themselves as we are all seeing... What’s laughable is that Theologians have been arguing about many things for centuries.

Meanwhile these jumped-up Johnny-come-lately JWs who have no real education have proclaimed themselves experts.. I don’t believe anything they say or accept any modern person’s divine claims about anything.

• vienne
    vienne

You left out the scriptures the WT cited. They explain the illusions. And I'm fairly certain that something from 1959 would have NO effect on committed believers.

That aside, I'm comfortable seeing Prosperity Gospel/Faith Healers in that light. Okay you can down vote my post now.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Here's something a little more recent. Watchtower seems pretty firm in their belief that Christians not affiliated with Watchtower are prophesied in scripture by the OT prostitute sisters - Oholah and Oholibah.

Watchtower thinks one sister repersents Catholics and the other whore sister pictures Protestants. They seem pretty obsessed with whores in general.

Questions From Readers

◼ Why did The Watchtower of September 15, 1988, indicate that Protestantism has defiled herself even more than Roman Catholicism?

This was said because it fits the prophecy and the facts. In the book of Ezekiel chapter 23, the figurative Oholah and Oholibah were described as immoral sisters. The ten-tribe kingdom of Israel was represented by Oholah, whereas Oholibah denoted the two-tribe kingdom of Judah. In discussing these symbolic women, The Watchtower of September 15, 1988, said on page 21:

“For pursuing a more sinful course than her sister [Oholah, or Israel], Oholibah (Judah) suffered national calamity at Babylonian hands in 607 B.C.E. Her children fell by the sword or were led away captive, and she was disgraced among the nations. Like Oholah and Oholibah, Christendom commits spiritual adultery, a sin in the sight of the God she claims to worship. Protestantism, with her many denominations, has defiled herself with the commercial and political powers of the world even more than her elder sister, Roman Catholicism. Thus, Jehovah will see to it that all of Christendom is destroyed.”

@LHG - Yes, it does sound VERY psycho. I remember my dad ranting on and on about Oholah and Oholibah if I dared question WT techings.... which I frequently did as young teen. I could tell that he knew I thought they were all insane. He would lecture me for hours sometimes. He's 92 now and still thinks the generation of 1914 is current teaching. He thinks he won't die.

JW's allow the WT to ride their minds like a cheap whore and end up old, alone and discarded. This is what they think of Christians:

Two Sinful Sisters

23 The Lord said:

2 Ezekiel, son of man, listen to this story about two sisters. 3 While they were young and living in Egypt, they became prostitutes. 4 The older one was named Oholah, which stands for Samaria; the younger one was Oholibah, which stands for Jerusalem.[a] They became my wives and gave birth to my children.

5 Even though Oholah was my wife, she continued to be a prostitute and chased after Assyrian lovers. 6 She offered herself to soldiers in purple uniforms: handsome, high-ranking officers and cavalry troops. 7 She had sex with all the important Assyrian officials and even worshiped their disgusting idols. 8 Once she started doing these things in Egypt, she never stopped. Men slept with her, and she was always ready for sex.

9 So I gave Oholah to the Assyrian lovers she wanted so badly. 10 They ripped off her clothes, then captured her children and killed her. Women everywhere talked about what had happened to Oholah.

11 Oholibah saw all this, but she was more sinful and wanted sex more than her sister Oholah ever did. 12 Oholibah also chased after good-looking Assyrian officers, uniformed soldiers, and cavalry troops. 13 Just like her sister, she did vulgar things.

14 But Oholibah behaved worse than her sister. Oholibah saw images of Babylonian men carved into walls and painted red. 15 They had belts around their waists and large turbans on their heads, and they reminded her of Babylonian cavalry officers. 16 As soon as she looked at them, she wanted to have sex with them. And so, she sent messengers to bring them to her. 17 Men from Babylonia came and had sex with her so many times that she got disgusted with them. 18 She let everyone see her naked body and didn't care if they knew she was a prostitute. That's why I turned my back on her, just as I had done with her older sister.

19 Oholibah didn't stop there, but became even more immoral and acted as she had back in Egypt. 20 She eagerly wanted to go to bed with Egyptian men, who were famous for their sexual powers. 21 And she longed for the days when she was a young prostitute, when men enjoyed caressing her body.

You have to have some serious psychological problems to believe this crap.

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

Seabreeze: That passage is from the Bible ( Ezekiel 23). So why are you blaming the WT for using the Bible? That's their purpose.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    why are you blaming the WT for using the Bible?

That's like saying why blame the murderer for using a gun? They make the bible say things it doesn't by using symbolism. It would be like if I found a scripture regarding dung and I said that all my spiritual research confirms without a doubt that it is talking about you. Not very nice.

Once people believe you speak for God, you can make "God" say anything you want. And the gullible fall for it. But, sometimes people you love or once did, are among those.

Lies are a weapon of distruction like any other.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes they did bring persecution on themselves by such things. However , that Watchtower was 1959 . That is 65 years ago . They have changed the tone of their message since then .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit