Does anyone have the original copy of the Awake 2015 Jan before it was changed?

by jwfacts 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The 2015 Awake! Jan used a famous scientist to garner misleading support for creation, quoting Rama Singh as saying "The opposition to evolution goes beyond religious fundamentalism and includes a great many people from educated sections of the population." (Awake! 2015 Jan p.3) Whilst the quote is accurate, it misrepresents Singh's intention. Singh continues in the same paragraph, "There are several reasons why facts of evolution are not easily comprehensible by the general masses." He continues by explaining why educated people lack comprehension of evolution.

Prompted by Singh officially complaining about Awake! using “intellectual dishonesty” when taking him out of context, Watchtower retracted the statement, reloading an edited version of the Awake! issue to their site without the reference to Singh.

Does anyone have a copy of the original pdf they can send to me?

Before and After

---

• WTS Archive
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Quote mining in full force.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Typical WT miss quotes.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Excellent, thanks WTS Archive.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Another change in wording!! More confusing to some rank and file I'm sure.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    I've wanted to get that magazine in print for a while now!!
  • compound complex
    compound complex

http://taze.co/2015/01/17/rama-singh-awake/

Editor of Awake (Magazine)
    Jehovah’s Witnesses

Dear Editor,

I am writing to protest your Awake Magazine article, “The origin of life – five questions worth asking”, dated January, 2015″, in which you have misquoted me by taking half a sentence out of context from my article on evolution. Contrary to what you imply, I do not support a creationist view, nor do I suggest that even a minority of scientists support such a view. Anyone who reads my article can see that I fully support the theory of evolution (Singh 2011).

In my article, I follow the paragraph from which you have misquoted me with material showing why the facts of evolution are hard to comprehend for many people. My article is meant for people who want to understand evolution but who do not have the expertise to do so, not for creationists like you who oppose evolution on religious grounds.

Your misquotation amounts to intellectual dishonesty and reflects on your character and dignity as editor as well as a man of God. I can understand that you do not accept evolution as an explanation for the biodiversity on this planet, but I cannot understand why you would knowingly misuse a scientist’s work to make him appear supporting the creationist point of view.

(read more by clicking onto above link)

• freddo
    freddo
    Oh, nice catch!
  • coalize
    coalize

There is not such thing in America like the french "droit de réponse"?

It would be quite funny!

In fact the "droit de réponse" (can be translated by "answering right" in english)is a legal right for each incriminated person. In that particular case, on a France-based media, they (the publisher of Awake) will be in obligation to reproduce integrally this letter in the next Awake.

Would be funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit