Almost got caught lying about listening in to yesterday's Memorial

by RULES & REGULATIONS 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I have not attended any Kingdom Hall meetings in 10 years. The elders gave up on me a while ago.

The last 3 years I get phone calls to listen in to Zoom meetings. Listened in several times... nothing has changed! Same old song and dance.

Sunday night my pioneer cousin calls me to see if I want the Zoom meeting I.D. and password. I tell her send them by e-mail. I hate to tell her that I would rather not listen in.

Comes Tuesday night, I don't sign in, nor care to listen in the to Memorial talk.

My cousin calls me this morning to see if I Zoomed in. She asks me what I thought about talk and the brother who flew in from Wallkill N.Y. I told her that he did a great job. She asks me what I thought about the slide presentation? I tell her the slide presentations were very informative. Luckily, she didn't ask me about what race he was and what color suit he was wearing. Changing the subject helped me from further questionings!

The moral of the story: It is better to tell the truth than to lie!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Slide presentations? Nice!

I wonder if they'll ever do the memorial in VR, so you can partake of Jesus's flesh and blood without having to nibble a cracker and sip some wine.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The question will 100% come up "who gave the talk"?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

If you happen to get questioned further, tell cousin you lost part of your memory of it after drinking the bottle of wine by yourself LOL

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    The question will 100% come up "who gave the talk"?

I asked my cousin,'' Do you remember the brother's name?''

She said, '' I don't remember.''

The Memorial was at a large Assembly Hall. They are easily impressed when the main speaker flies in from Wallkill, N.Y. I remember years and years ago, a brother from New York Bethel ( brother Christensen ??? ) would fly in ( paid by our Kingdom Hall funds) and give the Memorial talk.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If they ask you ''who gave the talk'',,,,LOL, just say you can't remember,,,,as you passed-out drinking a bottle of wine.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Plot twist: There WAS no Bethelite or slide presentation. She already knows.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Plot twist: There WAS no Bethelite or slide presentation. She already knows.

Fortunately she's a real sweetie (hence R & R doesn't have the heart to tell her no).

If it were my family that's exactly what they'd do!!😜

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Rules,
    whenever someone asks me what I thought about a talk. I always throw the ball in their court: "And what did you like about the talk". Most often the person initiating doesn't really have any idea either because frankly, no one listens because subconsciously they block it out.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" no one listens because subconsciously they block it out." Yup, what persuaded me to refuse to do anymore Public Talks was, after me putting a lot of work in to one,as I always did, then as I delivered it, I looked at the audience and realised most were zoned out in reality. And I was an animated speaker !

I guess that coincided with my process of "reversing out" speeding up. I'm so glad I am clear of all that crap.

Most JW's are only in it to save their own skin from a fictional Armageddon, and only turn up to be seen doing so, ESPECIALLY THE MEMORIAL. hypocritical TWATS !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit