20 Things I Don't Understand about Jehovah's Witnesses

by Vanderhoven7 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    No interpretation here, facts

That is your assertion. The only fact is that the conclusion you allude to based on interpretation of the evidence.
    What you further post is also commentary and feel free to have your view. We disagree. No secret. Jw publishes their position. I am convinced of WT argument.

• joao
    joao

The only fact is that the conclusion you allude to based on interpretation of the evidence.

Again, I ask, based on what sources do you conclude that? What work(s) have you studied/read?

Still, no answers to my questions...

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Fisherman - " And have translated the Bible to the modern language of the people in practically every language on earth."

Matt 24:24 - For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect (“chosen”).

“false christs…pseudochristos

“false” - pseudēs - untrue, i.e. erroneous, deceitful, wicked:—false, liar.

“christs” – christos - anointed, i.e. the Messiah

To make this clearer for you –

For deceitful, wicked, lying anointed (your leaders) and false prophets (your leaders) will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the chosen.

"Behold, I have told you in advance.” Matt 24:25

Fisherman - "JW help people to put their faith hope and confidence in God."

Many people put their faith, hope and confidence in God, without attaching Him to an organization - - "Jehovah's organization". That is something that JWs cannot, and will not do. It begs the question, which is more important in the life of a JW, God, or the organization.

“To whom would you liken Me
    And make Me equal and compare Me,
    That we would be alike?" Isa 46:5

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    1. that the 1914 generation will not pass away when babies born in 1914 are 108 years old today? (How long is a generation in the gospels?)

I can list 2 scriptures that say a generation is approximately 50 years in length .

Vanderhoven7

1. Mathew 1:17

2.Luke 3:23-38

3.Matt.1 - 17 , Abraham born 2018 - Jesus born 2 BC equals 2016 years 42 generations .= 48 years.

So how long is ageneration according to the Scriptures / Bible ?

48 years

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Why does the organization trivialise its own sometimes dangerous history, but won’t give the same leeway to other religions? It screams CULT!
    How do the Governing Body receive their communication from God exactly?

When the writers of the watchtower get things wrong and have to change a previous doctrine why are they likened to the men in the Bible who ‘got things wrong’? If this is the case, which scriptures had to be altered later on because God gave the writers incorrect information?

If Holy Spirit directs the elders into their decision in respect of the outcome of a ‘judicial committee’ then why is the alleged ‘wrongdoer’ given 7 days to appeal? Did God make a mistake?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent questions Punko!

• joao
    joao

Excellent questions Punko!

Indeed. But they are probably going to be labelled as "rhetoric" too...

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    they've been wrong once, how can you be sure they are not wrong now?

But the approach to Bible interpretation is honest and correct and there is good reason to believe they are correct

Like saying science has been wrong before thus science is unreliable. However that is fallacious logic.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Similarities between an old broken watch and the Jehovah's Witnesses/WTBTS religion:

1) Broken and in need of serious repair.

2) Faulty manufacturing.

3) Has sentimental value only to those who possess it.

4) Not accurate most of the time.

5) No body else wants/needs it. Of no real value or use to anyone else.

6) Looks nice from the outside.

7) Not reliable and is misleading & deceiving.

8) Time to discard it and move-on!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    ((But the approach to Bible interpretation is honest and correct and there is good reason to believe they are correct))

Wasn't the WTS approach to interpretation of Bible prophecy always honest Fisherman...and yet they were consistently wrong. So that is good reason to believe they don't know how to interpret Bible prophecy and were never given the mandate to do so.

The proof is in the pudding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit