20 Things I Don't Understand about Jehovah's Witnesses

by Vanderhoven7 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Watchtower leaders have been false teachers and incompetent Bible interpreters from the start.

But apparently you need to believe and trust in these men to be saved. Jesus can't save you without them. No Eternal life without association with and serving the Faithful Slave organization with headquarters in Warwick New York. Well perhaps that is what the NWT says, but I don't find this in my Bible.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    There are more than 5000 archaeological documents that prove that date wrong!!!
    That is an interpretation. JW believe different.
    What about my other questions?

Not question but rhetoric. JW disagree with your view.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Fisherman: And they corrected it.

If they've been wrong once, how can you be sure they are not wrong now? Or won't be wrong again in the future? Do you feel that God is responsible for their mistakes, or does he allow them to stumble about in the dark sometimes?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Watchtower leaders have been false teachers and incompetent Bible interpreters from the start.

Not at all. They JW deciphered the meaning and theme of the Bible and that can only be done with God’s help. They have also published their findings to a global magnitude helping people to get a better understanding of God’s word. And have translated the Bible to the modern language of the people in practically every language on earth. JW help people to put their faith hope and confidence in God. Obviously JW make mistakes but they do their best. Jesus will judge JW works and efforts when he separates the sheep and goats—as he will also judge each person.

• joao
    joao

That is an interpretation. JW believe different.

No interpretation here, facts! Again, what have you read on the issue?

Not question but rhetoric. JW disagree with your view.

No, those were questions for you too answer, not rhetorical questions! That only shows that you're not open for discussing the matter.

And...

Yes, JW have made a great work. But, so have all car manufacturers who sell cars everywhere! You're not going to say that JW saved the Bible or that those peoples didn't have it, are you?!

They have been successful at distorting the biblical message, at spreading their ideas, which are not based on the Bible, and on taking suffering into other people's homes, not Jesus's freedom and hope!

• waton
    waton

Because that ain’t wrong.

Fm, wrong, not only the date, time of year wrong but about what wt predicted,

was it not that the world would end? that the chosen would have breakfast/supper on a given date in heaven instead of in their building in Brooklyn, NY USA? and

How about the superior authorities? correcting the correction, embarrassing all the hapless preachers that "published" that for decades, making same fellow false prophets. (speaking for G.O.D.)

where was the spirit guidance there? weeding out those that would not follow instruction, even when they are wrong & illogical? ha ha

Imagine you being a faithful german christian about to be put to the guillotine for refusing military duty, but the authorities had shown you that your religion is wrong about even such clear scriptural instructions who they are. .

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Fisherman: Obviously JW make mistakes but they do their best.

Even a broken watch is still of some use...I have an old watch that looks nice...I get a lot of compliments when I wear it & it's tells the right time twice a day! 😀 😃 🙂

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Disagree with your view – – fisherman
    JW’s make mistakes but do their best – – fisherman

You are entitled to have your own point of view/opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts. Historical facts prove 607 is wrong.

Well I’m pretty sure the Catholic Church feels like they have made but are also doing their best, as do the Baptists, as do the Presbyterians, as do the etc. etc.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

The RCC just apologized for the child abuse of indigenous children stating it was genocide- the Pope did that.

The society still hides the fact they have known and paid out millions to settle claims with your money- I say your money as it seems you do not want to believe what they are - hiding perverts for years! Do you call that OK? Are you putting your head in the sand like so many high ranking officials of the WTBTS? Read court reports. 25 cases in New York last year going ahead. Others out of court settlements- they hired a PR company and there is nothing but good news coming out of their mouths... is this the false prophet?

Ray Franz, of the GB knew the dates were wrong and said so - he was terminated.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

One of the extra-biblical conditions of Watchtower baptism is that you believe Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE. You are unworthy to be accepted by Jehovah if you don't believe in a date in history. Repenting of your sins and turning to Christ for forgiveness won't help you unless you accept this date.

https://youtu.be/ITnZMCWnwZk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit