2016-1-25-BOE on Applause or Clapping!

by Atlantis 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

How about the Bro. or Sis. who orchestrates an affair so one can get out of a marriage and marry another in the "Truth" after DF, and then get re-instated after a year or so .I can just see the congregation idiots clapping now .

smiddy

• tiki
    tiki
    And all this is important because....?????
  • stillin
    stillin
    Nobody ever gets reinstated where I live. Nothing like a good clapping, though.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Here's the QFR from the magazine.

How can the congregation express its joy when an announcement is made that someone has been reinstated?
    ˇ In Luke chapter 15, we find Jesus’ powerful illustration about a man who had a flock of 100 sheep. When one of the sheep was missing, the man left the 99 behind in the wilderness and went after the lost sheep ‘until he found it.’ Jesus continued: “When he has found it, he puts it on his shoulders and rejoices. And when he gets home, he calls his friends and his neighbors together,saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ ” In conclusion, Jesus said: “I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous ones who have no need of repentance.”—Luke 15:4-7.
    The context shows that Jesus spoke these words in order to correct the thinking of the scribes and the Pharisees, who criticized him for associating with tax collectors and sinners. (Luke 15:1-3) Jesus pointed out that there is joy in heaven when a sinner has come to repentance. We ask, ‘Since there is joy in heaven, should there not also be joy on earth when a sinner has repented, turned around, and made straight paths for his feet?’—Heb. 12:13.
    When someone is reinstated in the congregation, we have good reason to rejoice. The person will have to keep on maintaining his integrity to God, but he had to be repentant in order to be reinstated, and we are glad that he repented. Accordingly, there may well be spontaneous, digni-fied applause when the elders make an announcement of a reinstatement.
  • freddo
    freddo
    Hi Konceptual - that up on jw-dot-org?
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

The link is not live yet but you get the PDF from here

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_magazines/f5/w_E_201605.pdf

Cut and paste the link if you don't want the this site appearing as the sending site.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

"The context shows that Jesus spoke these words in order to correct the thinking of the scribes and the Pharisees, who criticized him for associating with tax collectors and sinners."

So the Governing Body and WT admit that up til now they have been behaving like the harsh scribes and the Pharisees with their 'no applause, no clapping' policy when someone gets reinstated...figures!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    It took WT nearly 17 f-- king years (from 2000 to today) to figure out this simple and common sense concept of showing kindness, love and a welcoming spirit! Wow...just Wow!
  • poopie
    poopie
    Wow that's instresting to make it look hum drum they sandwiched it between to other humdrum articles intresting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit