Members of congregation know it’s not true

by Mikejw 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

BluesBrother said it well. Basically, if you are asking if this religion is true, you are already out.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Rattigan, are you kidding us? since you asked, the GB claim to be substitutes for Christ and the Voice of Christ.

They claim they are the way to truth and life and if you aren't in with them, then you can't get to know God. All of this is hubris to say the least. Jesus said, he was the way, the truth, and the life and no one comes to the Father except through him (JESUS) and not the lying GB. What they teach of themselves is really in direct conflict with Jesus words. Anyone who reads the Bible and thinks for themselves will get to see through the WT fog and foolery.

What to do with staying in the congregation: The people are fooled and believe the lies. They think they can't know about God or know truth or get to live without their 9 headed god.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

they said “ it is better to be wrong & inside the Truth than to be “right outside “ it ….

I recall a brother -- not sure if he was an elder at the time but he was eventually until he resigned and only would agree to be a MS -- who commented that even if it was found to be all wrong it was still the best way of life for him, as he would likely be dead if he had continued on in his former lifestyle.

I do think that is possibly all true. He had been quite the carouser and shit disturber as a young guy. But he was now a wife & father and a sincere guy. IDK why he decided he no longer wanted to be an elder, however serving as a MS was OK. Perhaps it was the "judging" others thing. Or, maybe he actually came to know that it "is all wrong" but he wanted to stay with the Blue Pill.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH:

I totally agree with your post.

The last few acquaintances I have in the Witness religion are in the younger Boomer age category. They are there because of ‘sunk cost fallacy’. In other words, they stayed at the party too long! These people also pioneered for long periods of time when younger and their income is now low. I can definitely see them asking the elders for help! They may know this and may figure they can’t leave because of this plus the ‘End is close’.

It’s sad because I remember everybody when young and so hopeful that the ‘new system’ would be here soon. NOW, they are older in a religion with faulty teachings and failed predictions!

I walked away soon after the 1995 Generation thing. I was on the ‘shit list’ because I worked full-time - and it was no loss since I had few friends there… But, I wouldn’t want to be in the religion now with all the needy people there who hardly worked.. Don’t want people coming up to me like I was their best friend…because they’re looking for money. I don’t need this.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    ragrantAddendum18 hours ago
    i am sorry you lost your wife, @tms
    but i'm glad you were able to have that happy time together

🫶

Here, here ❤️

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Each subsequent generation in the Borg the craziness is passed on.

Either they cant see the craziness,, or they're just stupid. I think they can see through it all but accept ''willful blindness".

Each subsequent born in generation,, are blindsided & victimized before they even realize it. They have no choice

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    BluesBrother - “…There was an old maxim that used to be common.. they said ‘it is better to be wrong and inside the Truth than to be right and outside it’…”

It was more of an attitude than an axiom where I grew up, but yeah, I remember that.

And it may well have had an element of actual, lower-case-t truth to it, too, considering just how fucking bonkers the 60s, 70s (and, to a lesser degree, the 80s) actually were.

These days, though?

Not so much.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    "it is better to be wrong & inside the Truth than to be “right outside the truth “

I know of a number of JWs who feel this way...many of them are elders. With each passing week, month & year the number of those coming to the realization that this organization is led by a bunch of meatheads is rapidly growing. The amount of recent nonsensical WT GB doctrinal changes is surely going to create larger numbers of PIMOs & yes increase the numbers who will still adopt the thinking: "Yes, I'll stick around even though this organization is run by a leadership of boneheads!"
  • FragrantAddendum
    FragrantAddendum

i have a zoom open for a few minutes

if anyone wants to stop in and say hi

it's not to talk about any doctrine or anything

just a few minutes to show we're really

human🙂

if you want, you are welcome...probably just for a bit 'cuz i have some other stuff to do later on but i thought it might be nice if anyone is here right now

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us05web.zoom.us/j/86921936054?pwd=bS7yZLvAPgEWYnM2v2o46aAe3aAzKj.1

Meeting ID: 869 2193 6054
    Passcode: 8QHKWv

• FragrantAddendum
    FragrantAddendum

lol...no takers - i know it was last minute...

i'll wait five more minutes and then close it down...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit