Some questions for you posters on a controversial topic

by LoveUniHateExams 24 Replies latest members adult

• jhine
    jhine

My Granddaughter's school has toilet blocks which are full stalls but can be used by male and female . So a girl can be in a stall next to a boy . l know girls who hold it all day because they feel uncomfortable with that arrangement . They are not being silly , they have a right to feel that way . As one said it's embarrassing when changing sanitary wear knowing that a boy is next to you .

When we use the school for the local Fete the staff make sure that one block is designated male and one female because they know that this makes people uncomfortable .

Our Local cinema has recently had a make over and l believe that they have male and female toilets which are separate and the single disabled toilet is for transgender people . That seems a sensible solution .

l would feel embarrassed with an obviously male person using the same toilets , and l have a right to feel that way . l totally agree LUHE . Everyone should be able to feel comfortable .

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    and l have a right to feel that way . l totally agree LUHE . Everyone should be able to feel comfortable

I hear you jhine. What amuses me is I report on unisex loos in France, Rome and Derbyshire at a NT property and two people dislike it. Do they think I'm lying?Do they dislike reality?

Different countries have different ideas and are not worried about unisex loos as we are. I can't say I felt comfortable but I didn't walk out, too desperate. There were cubicles, it wasn't as if a man was using a urinal.

The NT property did surprise me but in that space there was no room for two toilet blocks. They were just being practical.

• jhine
    jhine

Xanthippe , l guess that l , like others , don't like being FORCED into a situation that makes us feel uncomfortable . As often happens what one person views as their rights negates what another person sees as theirs .

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    LUHE - I've had a bit of a back and forth with some guy as a result.

I wouldn't have bothered. He sounds like a troll or at worst a lefty snowflake cry baby. All the signs there, trying to label you and all that name calling. Typical of those cowards that can't have a civil open mindedconversation.

All I know is that the tail is wagging the dog these days.

Leftys have a lot to learn. I mourn for our society..........it's f****d because of them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

the single disabled toilet is for transgender people

Yes, that does seem appropriate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit