Your favorite Dub Family Quotes

by johnathanseagull 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Litebriterstill
    Litebriterstill

I wasn't asked if I wanted to drive out in service. I was told that showing up ment my " service vehicle" would be used by all. My caravan was always full. When I didnt feel like driving all day, an Elder asked if I could be loving enough to " let someone else drive my car." One elderly sister wanted us to take her and dog to the groomer on service time. Another to do an errand between stops to still "count time." If God knows the number of hairs on our head," counting time" was a foolish thing for I felt I was wasting mine.

There were 13 pioneers one month. We were suppose to meet at Hall to encourage others. I was the only pioneer there. A brother took one personal buddy on a study and gave me 6 for my car. I commented that the other 12 pioneers must be in the " secret service." Month after month as I pioneered they remained in the "secret service"... Evergreen Cong.

"protecting the innocent and week" is one of my favorite. The elder body felt this way toward an oozing aids victim that came rushing to Evergreen hall looking for God because he was now facing death. His male partner was dying of aids and he was too. We sisters cleaned his home while he was in the hospital, never being told of his condition. He started to bleed profusely in my home around my kids at dinner. That is how I found out! The "blind guides" told their wives and kids to stear clear of John, but the rest of us peons ? What ever happened to "keep the congragation clean". Evergreen Cong.

"be no part of the world" An elder in Barrington Cong. in Illinois had his son playing hockey. I laughed when I heard they were making him lead elder knowing this because I was ridiculed for my son playing hockey but he had a "worldly" dad that allowed it. Joe Guagliardo took his son out of hockey to further his position but tried his hardest to get even with me. "where you find true friendship" hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

One of my favorites is "The Mental Regulating of Jehovah"

Talk about another word for Brainwashing.

• larc
    larc

I told my Witness buddies that I was going to go to college. They told me that Armageddon would arrive before I graduated. They (my former buddies) are grand parents now, and one of them is dead. So much for prophecy.

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

Reborn: that is a tough one. I am glad that you can look back at the painfull things your family said and contribute them to this forum. sometime the words utered by the family can be the worst.

I love to hear," our children are the happiest in the world", from dubs without children.

"a sure sign that the end is near", for every disaster, epidemic, and postal rate increase.

"the truth" verb or noun?

"we can reason this out", which means that there is no support for this "light"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit