Your favorite Dub Family Quotes

by johnathanseagull 23 Replies latest jw friends

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

Feeling particularly synical this eve.............Here are mine, no particular order or context, what are yours?

"At least we are good people"

"tut goat"

"it was Jehovah's way of cleaning his organisation" (re 1975)

"it wasn't a major doctrine" (re 1914 generation change)..........................gasp!!!!)

"you have no chance at armageddon" - yes this has been said to me

" it was for a library card"

"You'll have to go. we are having a book study here this evening"

"you're spiritually weak"

J Gull

'

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

He/she was so wonderful....Jehovah will bring them back.

He/she is/was such a scumball....Jehovah will take care of them at armageddon.

Jehovah will take care of it.

Jehovah took care of it.

I prayed and Jehovah listened.

I did not pray hard enough...Jehovah did not listen...it was his will.

I have heard all of these over the last year about various family members.

• manon
    manon

Jehovah doesn't approve of such behavior.

The end is so near.

Forfeit the promise.

We wont be needing eye glasses in the new system of things. *LOL* I still love this one.

It's a sign of the times <aka> great tribulation.

That family will never make it into paradise.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You know, you're killing your children. (This from someone who fills out "no blood transfusion" cards for his kids)

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

My brother looked me in the eye and said with all sincerity:

It will be a shame to explain to our grandfather (now deceased) after he is resurrected why you are not there. You were unfaithful to Jehovah and the entire family will live in Paradise and you will be a distant memory. Living happily though, eventually all of us will get over it.

Some love eh? He also told me this gem to my face:

Because you turned your back on Jehovah and the organization, I cannot allow you to be around my son (my nephew) and have a bad influence on him. I do not want him to grow up with worldly influences, much less someone who has disassociated himself. I know you are my brother, but I think it would be best if you have nothing to do with my family, unless you come back to the Truth.

My mom uttered this gem:

I tried to raise you in the Truth. Where did I go wrong? How can I love a son who turns his back on Jehovah?

My brother's wife told me this:

At Armaggedon Jehovah will destroy all the wicked ones. (tries to read me a Scripture) and because you were once in the organization and know better, you will be one of the first to go.

and for the grand finale which hurts me very much (as if the above ones did not)

My brother told me this the last time we spoke, when I tried to reason with him:

You are an Apostate. I never thought I would see the day my own brother could be so evil. Pop (affectionate name for my grandfather) would be ashamed. He would not consider you a grandson, and I do not consider you a brother. Reilly (my nephew) will grow up never knowing you, you are an evil influence, and I will not allow him to have that in his life.

These are not made up. These are actual quotes of things my family members have told me to my face. You want evidence that Jehovah's Witnesses are a destructive cult that divides families? Ask any person who has been shunned or outcast because of the religion.

I HATE Jehovah's Witnesses.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

So do I Reborn....They are hateful. ((Hugs))

Tina

• sandy
    sandy

My little niece (5 yrs-old) asks me every time she comes over:

"Are you a Jehovah Witness?"

My answer to her: yes

My niece: Do you go to meetings?

Me: no

My niece: then you're not a JW. You have to go to meetings if you want to live forever.

Me: I just tell her that is right.

What the hell else can I say to her? I feel like telling her that her parents are assholes for feeding her

this crap. I am sure they put her up to talking to me. I have to keep reminding myself she is just a little

girl and it is not her fault.

• Brummie
    Brummie

*He that endures to the end is the one that will be saved* Said in response to any negative comment made about the borg.

*Dont let armageddon come and catch you in that state* tut

*Goodbye* famous last words to any apostate.

Neat thread JS, good to see you

*tut goat *

LOL

Brummie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

My mother: "It is only by blind obedience that we will be saved from destruction."

• be wise
    be wise
    I HATE Jehovah's Witnesses.

Reborn, considering your circumstances I think you've got a very healthy approach to JW's. You could do much worse like bashing your head against the kitchen sink but hate works much better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit